PDA

View Full Version : Radio Calls ADS-B

EC120
15th Mar 2015, 10:57
Is there any change in IFR departure calls at uncontrolled airports once you have ADS-B fitted I can remember reading that there is somewhere.

Car RAMROD
15th Mar 2015, 11:06
Yep. Aip has the info. There is a call if you expect to be identified on departure with adsb, otherwise the normal call is used.

That's what, 3 different departure calls we have?? Easy!

717tech
15th Mar 2015, 12:27
Thanks for reminding me to look this up!

The AIP (Jepps) mentions a departure report with surveillance, it doesn't specifically mention ADSB.

Here's a scenario that's come up a few times and is interpreted differently by different crews.

If I depart a Class D airfield, I have to make the whole report including distance, radical etc. But if I depart the same field outside TWR HRS, ML Center is watching and I can use the surveillance departure report. Correct?

Capn Bloggs
15th Mar 2015, 13:24
If I depart a Class D airfield, I have to make the whole report including distance, radical etc. But if I depart the same field outside TWR HRS, ML Center is watching and I can use the surveillance departure report. Correct?
IFR? You don't give distance/radial to a Class D tower on departure, only tracking info and level climbing to. VFR same unless going straight into G.

Tower closed? Yes, Surv Dep report to ML Centre.

EC120: AIP GEN 3.5 page 57 ;) , assuming ATC can see you. Local knowledge will help; obviously at the places where the ADS-B sites are, they'll see you immediately, other airports they won't see you until later.

717tech
16th Mar 2015, 13:05
Cap'n Bloggs.. Quite right about departure calls to the tower, mind was on other things as I wrote that. How ever I've heard some crews give dist/Alt to the Class D tower and couldn't work out why.

Capn Bloggs
16th Mar 2015, 13:24
:)

How ever I've heard some crews give dist/Alt to the Class D tower and couldn't work out why.
You and me both... coz they don't RTFB. :}

hoss
20th Mar 2015, 11:38
Haven't the 'new' calls been out for about a year ;)

Capn Bloggs
21st Mar 2015, 06:31
Sorry Flappy, try GEN 3.4 page 57. :{