PDA

View Full Version : Seletar Airport, Singapore

Saint Jack
15th Mar 2015, 07:53
Hello everyone, I've been tasked to put together a photographic montage of commercial aviation companies that were resident at Seletar Airport during the period immediately after the British pull-out to the opening of the Seletar Aerospace Park. What I'm looking for are photographs of the buildings, ideally showing the company logo, and the variety of aircraft each company handled, but anything relevant will be greatly appreciated.

The companies that I recall are; Airfast, Anrite Aviation, Aviation Management Systems, C&A Aviation, Dowty Aviation, Fokker Aircraft Services, Jet Aviation, Junior Flying Club, Hawker Pacific Aviation, HeliOrient, Heliservices, Lockheed Aircraft Services Singapore, SAMCO, Sembawang Aviation, Singapore Flying Club, Singas.

I'm sure there are more but these are the ones that I remember. Many thanks.

tophelios
15th Mar 2015, 11:27
You can go and ask at the Jerry's....bar restaurant on Jalan Kayu....they have got a lot of pictures about the story of Seletar airport....:ok:

Semi Rigid
16th Mar 2015, 00:20
Wings Over Asia have a great collection. Their head office is at Seletar and ask for Yeow Ming or Mo Shafie.

Thai Pom
16th Mar 2015, 00:29
National Utility Helicopters

Saint Jack
16th Mar 2015, 07:18
tophelios, Semi Rigid: Many thanks, I'll do just that.

Thai pom: Ah yes, National Utility Helicopters, I remember the Friday night happy hour in their office/bar - when they were an Australian company. I also missed out Samaero (later to become Eurocopter and now Airbus Helicopters, and Singapore Flying College.

Thai Pom
16th Mar 2015, 08:53
I am sure there are still a few of the culprits of the Happy Hours that are still hanging around. PR (HO & BHA) JA (Airfast and BHA) spring to mind.

Cheers, TP

Helicopter doctor
21st Mar 2015, 10:37
NUH was never an Australian company, but did have a lot of Australians in it. eg myself for 26 years. After hours sessions at the bar were fun, and a lot a info passed around. Not many of that crew still around. I do have a good photo of an NUH 205 outside the HO hanger. I'll try to find it.
Doc