PDA

View Full Version : Seletar Airport, Singapore

Saint Jack
15th Mar 2015, 07:53
Hello everyone, I've been tasked to put together a photographic montage of commercial aviation companies that were resident at Seletar Airport during the period immediately after the British pull-out to the opening of the Seletar Aerospace Park. What I'm looking for are photographs of the buildings, ideally showing the company logo, and the variety of aircraft each company handled, but anything relevant will be greatly appreciated.

The companies that I recall are; Airfast, Anrite Aviation, Aviation Management Systems, C&A Aviation, Dowty Aviation, Fokker Aircraft Services, Jet Aviation, Junior Flying Club, Hawker Pacific Aviation, HeliOrient, Heliservices, Lockheed Aircraft Services Singapore, SAMCO, Sembawang Aviation, Singapore Flying Club, Singas.

I'm sure there are more but these are the ones that I remember. Many thanks.

prospector
15th Mar 2015, 09:07
I would think you are more likely to get the responses you want to that question in the Aviation history and Nostalgia Forum.

training wheels
15th Mar 2015, 17:43
Pelangi Air used to operate scheduled passenger flights with Dornier 238s from there to Tioman Island back in the early 1990s. I now work with their former DFO so I could probably help out with a few photos from that era.

Singapore Flying College also had a few C152s and C172s based there in the late 1980's before they moved to Jandakot.

Saint Jack
16th Mar 2015, 07:07
prospector: Good idea, will do.

training wheels: I remember Pelangi Air, they initially operated the Dornier (was it a DO-228 or DO-238?) to Pulau Tioman. At Seletar they were handled by Samco who earlier had operated a Shorts Skyvan on that route on behalf of Tradewinds, later to become Silk Air. The Skyvan was leased from the RSAF. The Singapore Flying College was part of Singapore Airlines and used for ab-initio training.