blueys
13th Mar 2015, 23:57
Steve passed away this morning.
One of the best with the spanners and a great bloke,will be greatly missed
Thoughts with the family

blueys

Horatio Leafblower
14th Mar 2015, 02:25
Thank you for letting us know - very sad news.

It's difficult to believe - he wasn't much older than me.

Has he been ill or was it sudden?

aerotune
14th Mar 2015, 02:58
Very sad news that I received this morning of his passing.

Way too young to go,a true character of the industry and a wealth of knowledge lost.

My thoughts and condolences go out to his family.

Rest in Peace Pal

pistol_pete
14th Mar 2015, 03:52
Terrible news, absolute legend of a man whom I have much respect for and helped me out many a time in the past.

Condolences to the family and friends.

Bankstown Boy
14th Mar 2015, 05:46
Thoughts and best wishes to his family.

An absolute legend. Bankstown will be the poorer for his passing. One of the true gentlemen who would give you the shirt off his back.

LeadSled
14th Mar 2015, 07:54
Folks,
Another one of the characters of GA gone, not too many left.
So sad.
Tootle pip!!

BPA
14th Mar 2015, 10:36
RIP Steve, you serviced a lot of the aircraft I flew in GA.

Jabawocky
14th Mar 2015, 12:05
Ohhh dear………..I had been worried about this. I heard a short while ago that he was ill and going down hill fast.

I will be proud of saying that Steve was an APS student almost of skeptical heights. Very fixed in his ways and prior learning.

If it were not for one of his customers, Neil Keller bringing him to Brsibane in 2013,Steve would have not been an APS family member. After that weekend and several hours flying and learning with Neil often to Neils delight and Steves distress, Steve would not have become a changed LAME.

The world has lost a truly great LAME, and one who even in his later years of being a well respected LAME, had learned that even the well experienced could gain greater education and understanding if they wanted to. I remember he and Andrew Denyer having that ahhhaa moment, it makes me smile even now.

Steve, myself and my friends in Sydney, several of them, will miss you greatly.

I am at a loss as to what else to say.

To your family and friends and customers, on behalf of Leisa, Myself and Andrew Denyer, John Deakin and Walter Atkinson, we ofer our condolences.

David Brown
Advanced Pilot Seminars Australia

KRUSTY 34
14th Mar 2015, 21:47
Ahrrrr crap!

So sorry to hear. We often drift away over the years. Didn't even know you were ill old mate.

Sincere condolences :(

yr right
16th Mar 2015, 00:50
To my mate.
You will be missed. We all but started together (36 for you 35 for me ) and now you are gone.
Sometimes the world just sux. Today is one of them days.
Rip mate.
Till we meet again in the hangar in the sky.

Steve

sms777
16th Mar 2015, 02:28
Ohhhhh...No. Unbeleivable. This is one post I did not want to see.....
Steve was on of a kind, a true gentleman and a brilliant engineer. Spent many years on my Queenair keep it flying.
My deepest condolences to his family.....Very sad.:sad:

blueys
17th Mar 2015, 20:37
Steves funeral will be on Saturday 21 March at 12 noon, Macquarie Park, corner Dalhi & Plassey Road North Ryde

blueys

Sonny Hammond
20th Mar 2015, 06:04
RIP Steve.

Always remember being rescued when I closed 11C at BK after I blew a nose tire on landing.
He got out of the bath with his baby to help my pathetic butt.

Thanks and Peace.

Chief Erwin
24th Mar 2015, 11:35
RIP Steve.

I guess I can't collect on that hangar our yours that I won on a state of origin bet back in the mid nineties.
Thanks for your help buddy.

RENURPP
24th Mar 2015, 20:06
Would some one mund posting Steve's work place history?
Particularly where he started out.