PDA

View Full Version : Recommended LAME in Victoria

spriteah
9th Mar 2015, 23:13
Hi Guys and Gals,

I need to get a Piper Archer Annual. Can someone recommend Victorian LAME? Horsham appear too busy who I would usually use.

Thanks in advance.

Jim.

Car RAMROD
9th Mar 2015, 23:30
Have had good dealings in the past with The Aviation Centre at Moorabbin.

Modesetter
10th Mar 2015, 00:14
You could try Ramair in Mildura if you dont mind the hike

UnderneathTheRadar
10th Mar 2015, 00:53
Not quite Victoria but Brett at DeBruin Aviation Mt Gambier is your man. Very knowledgeable and will stick to quoted prices irrespective of how long the work takes.

djpil
10th Mar 2015, 02:41
Tim at Tocumwal Aviation Services.

Squawk7700
10th Mar 2015, 03:50
Westernport Aircraft Maintenance at Tyabb. Talk to Andy. :ok:

The name is Porter
10th Mar 2015, 04:42
So every LAME in Victoria is awesome?

Aussie Bob
10th Mar 2015, 05:56
So every LAME in Victoria is awesome?Well, there has been a lot of LAME bashing on this forum lately and I only know of a few of these guys but in answer to your question, every LAME I have met over the decades has been awesome. Personally I have never had a bad dealing with any maintenance organisation and quite a few have had my patronage.

There has been a screwdriver or two left under a cowl, and even a roll of lock wire once. There has also been the odd eyebrow raising bill or two, but heck, in some businesses I have operated over the decades I have apparently issued a few eyebrow raisers myself. Ya get that occasionally :hmm:

djpil
10th Mar 2015, 08:01
I'm always wary about taking an aeroplane to a different LAME who has not been maintaining the aeroplane.

I can remember a regular LAME telling me that he was busy so I asked his recommendation and he responded with the rider that there were some bad stories I may have heard about the other guy. Then he added that he knows there are some bad stories about his own organisation. Top guy that (and he hasn't made it to this current list).

Alloverit
10th Mar 2015, 08:10
Westernport Aircraft Maintenance , Andrews the man, wealth of experience and an honest clean shop, at Tyabb.

Duck Pilot
10th Mar 2015, 08:15
Just be aware that if the LAME hasn't seen the aircraft before he/she will more than likely give it a thorough once over which will probably cost a few more bucks than the your last periodic, regardless of what's in the logbooks. Having said that, it's not a bad idea to have an independent set of eyes look over the machine every now and then.

I'd personally recommend Melton Air Services.

Xray Tango
10th Mar 2015, 08:58
Visited Westernport Aircraft Maintance recently with the view of having the annual done there, couldn't of been more impressed, friendly clean and very approachable, had the annual done recently and I'm still smiling, can't speak highly enough of Andrew.

kaz3g
10th Mar 2015, 10:49
I just got an annual and the outer aileron hinges replaced on mine necessitating some fabric work as well. All done very professionally by Rob Scott at Transaero in Maryborough. Very nice finish on the repairs and fairly priced.

Kaz

The name is Porter
10th Mar 2015, 12:02
Well, there has been a lot of LAME bashing on this forum lately and I only know of a few of these guys but in answer to your question, every LAME I have met over the decades has been awesome. Personally I have never had a bad dealing with any maintenance organisation and quite a few have had my patronage.

There has been a screwdriver or two left under a cowl, and even a roll of lock wire once. There has also been the odd eyebrow raising bill or two, but heck, in some businesses I have operated over the decades I have apparently issued a few eyebrow raisers myself. Ya get that occasionally

Youre a funny guy :D