PDA

View Full Version : UK CAA Electronic Forms for Revalidation

Trolle
8th Mar 2015, 10:38
Looking to revalidate my SEP and noticed one can fill out the form electronically. I didn't complete the form entirely (stopped at the payment page).

Was wondering if the examiner/person validating my application needs to sign the form. If so, how is that done electronically?

Checked out SRG1119 (I think it's numbered) and there is a spot for the examiner signature, but only for a PC.

2 years ago did it the old-fashioned way but looking to try the online version.

Doing my hours outside the UK

Pete O'Tewbe
8th Mar 2015, 11:09
Can you provide a link to the form you are using?

Whopity
8th Mar 2015, 11:52
The link is here (https://apply.caa.co.uk/CAAPortal/terms-and-conditions.htm?formCode=PTR)

Had a play and found it cannot cope with a professional licence holder who has reverted to a Class II Medical!
Was wondering if the examiner/person validating my application needs to sign the form. If so, how is that done electronically? The examiner sends in an independent form so more duplication!

Pete O'Tewbe
8th Mar 2015, 12:23
Thanks, Whopity

Trolle
8th Mar 2015, 12:44
I made it all the way to the end and didn't encounter any problems.

Whopity...did you see any description of requirements listed?

It's a good idea but not executed well.

Whopity
8th Mar 2015, 21:58
Whopity...did you see any description of requirements listed? No they were noticeably absent. There are a number of irrelevant entries and again there are some glitches or ambiguities re cross crediting an IR. Knowing their poor record re forms its probably not a bad first attempt, but still quicker to fill in a form manually and email it.

BEagle
9th Mar 2015, 07:39
Whopity wrote: No they were noticeably absent. There are a number of irrelevant entries and again there are some glitches or ambiguities re cross crediting an IR. Knowing their poor record re forms its probably not a bad first attempt, but still quicker to fill in a form manually and email it.

Well, have you written to your erstwhile employers with your observations, Whopity? Or are you just content to moan on a public website.....:rolleyes:

Whopity
9th Mar 2015, 08:02
They're nothing to do with me! You are the Industry Rep!

Trolle
9th Mar 2015, 10:53
I called the UK CAA to ask about using the online submission form with regard to an examiner signature.

The answer was: the system will tell you what to do; if it wants a form with a signature it'll let you know.

Mickey Kaye
9th Mar 2015, 14:50
written to your erstwhile employers with your observations, Whopity? Or are you just content to moan on a public website

I know of many many people who have written to the CAA on many many different topics and bar one occasion when they sort of admitted they were in the wrong the outcome has never been positive and that's if there has been any reply at all.

Trolle
10th Mar 2015, 10:30
Just submitted my SEP Revalidation electronically. I had to include a scanned version of the hard copy form with the examiners signature.

So, you still need the traditional form filled out, but you can save the postage stamp I guess.

I was under the impression there was no fee with a revalidation through experience but it cost 14 pounds for the submission.

Either way, I guess I am good for another 2 years…assuming that the Internets work on the CAA side.