PDA

View Full Version : EK Profit Share after retiring

gehenna
7th Mar 2015, 09:34
Hi Folks

I took early retirement from EK late last year, and hopefully someone can clarify the position regarding Profit Share.

I always understood that you had to be on the payroll either when it was announced or when it is paid (cannot remember which) in order to receive anything. Now an ex-colleague, still in EK says you can write and ask that you are awarded a pro-rata amount for the time you were there.

As I cannot access the HR manual anymore, would someone please clear this up once and for all.

Thanks

break dancer
7th Mar 2015, 09:41
Good luck with that....
The last I checked, 50% of 0 is still 0.
Hope you're enjoying your retirement, but to receive anything, you must still be here and not under notice (or any sort of warning letter) when the money is paid.

gehenna
7th Mar 2015, 10:27
Hi break dancer

Thanks for that, which is all what I suspected.

Yes enjoying retirement, and not missing EK one bit, just ex colleagues and friends out there.

Fly safe

harry the cod
7th Mar 2015, 11:42
break dancer

Not strictly true. Final warning yes, but verbal or written warning still entitles you to profit share scheme. Not that I'm speaking from experience you understand.....:uhoh:

Harry

Dropp the Pilot
7th Mar 2015, 13:25
If you retired from Emirates you will receive a pro-rated amount of the profit share. If you left Emirates you get squat.

Speaking of which - where are the rumours? It's only three weeks until the year closes out. The hills should be alive with the sound of pre-emptive whining by now.

Perhaps you are all too tired?

gehenna
7th Mar 2015, 14:10
Now I am confused!

Yes, I retired, albeit early as I was in the age bracket that entitled me to do so. (That is confirmed by the fact that I am entitled to retirees staff travel).

Are you able to send the the details from the HR Manual, or give me a clue as to where this is written, so that I may then contact HR with a quote from their own manual? For sure, if I contact them for information, they will either not reply or as happened when I was in the leaving process, give me inaccurate information.

Thanks in advance!

Now back to relaxing with a sun-downer very shortly ................

Dropp the Pilot
7th Mar 2015, 15:09
I don't think age bracket is going to do it. You'd have to have reached age 60 or maybe even 65 if you haven't been here long. If you know someone with access to the portal it's all quite succinctly described on the portal under the "Profitshare" tab.

blorgwinder
7th Mar 2015, 16:24
Henna, Droop is right, see PM just sent to you.