PDA

View Full Version : MEP/IR expired ! TR /IR valid

appfo09
5th Mar 2015, 21:32
Hi to all !

I have a question which i would like to ask because i cannot get it clear in my mind.

Let's say my MEP/IR expired but the IR on my type rating is valid and I want to apply for a job that specifies that the MEP/IR should be current.

Will the IR on my Type Rating still cover this requirement ?

Thank you !

pilot4eva
6th Mar 2015, 05:09
Heyy,
The IR you got after the completing the MEIR at flight school is MEIR(SP) which is valid for Single pilot ops only.The IR you got after the type rating is MEIR(MP) which is valid only for Multi pilot ops only.So if the job requires you to have MEIR(SP) to be current then you have to get it renewed.
Hope this helps.:ok:

appfo09
6th Mar 2015, 19:29
Hi piloteva

Thank you for your input. Most jobs say you need to have Multi-Engine Instrument Rating valid. They do not specify anything about SP or MP operations.
I guess it will work with the IR on my Type Rating !

B737900er
6th Mar 2015, 20:41
It depends on the job your applying for. If it involves flying a type, then its more than likely going to involve multi crew so the TR IR will cover it.

If its flying a twin otter then MEP IR(sp) needs to be valid.

appfo09
6th Mar 2015, 21:02
The reason I am asking this is for the ryanair type qualification program.
They want your ME/IR to be valid in order to apply for them as a cadet.
Would I still be covered if my ME/IR has expired and my TR /IR is valid.
I don't have a B737 TR.

pilot4eva
7th Mar 2015, 04:22
Your IR from TR would cover it!

Superpilot
7th Mar 2015, 20:18
You need a valid IR to commence another TR, you already have one, doesn't matter if it's MPA or SPA. Ask the recruitment guy at RYR to be sure.

appfo09
8th Mar 2015, 23:06
Hi to everybody!

Thank you all for the inputs !

I-AINC
23rd Nov 2016, 14:54
You need a valid IR to commence another TR, you already have one, doesn't matter if it's MPA or SPA. Ask the recruitment guy at RYR to be sure.

False.

EASA FCL 720.a

You only need a valid IR to start the course for your FIRST type rating.

Par. (f)

You need a valid IR for the ISSUE of multiple/further type ratings.

Hope this helps.