PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental:LGW

Gordomac
5th Mar 2015, 14:32
Might have been posted before but was not relevant to me at the time. So, apologies for same info. Heading into LGW soon and wondered if there are any good deals.Lots of you ME guys are regular users of what is on offer ( I mean car hire at LGW). Thoughts would be very welcome. Oh, will they laugh at my GF Retired Senior Capt Id ? Just been quoted GBP500 by Europecar for one week ! Thanks very much. First time out of me pool for five years !

Old and Horrified
5th Mar 2015, 16:12
My son (no airline ID) always uses Alamo/Enterprise when he comes to visit. Last time he came over to the UK a compact worked out at just £70 for the week.

Mr Angry from Purley
5th Mar 2015, 20:38
Carrental.co.uk best brokers they search all sites just watch for any mileage daily limits

harry the cod
5th Mar 2015, 23:38
AutoEurope.co.uk :ok:

Have always used them when in the UK, I don't even bother with the industry rates now as 90% of times it's cheaper. They compare all the main rental firms plus some local too. Make sure it's the UK website though as this includes insurance.....the US one doesn't!

Get yourself an international yearly insurance policy that covers car rental excess for around £50 per year and you can avoid paying overpriced excess amounts too.

Harry

Pointer
6th Mar 2015, 05:40
:ok: Fully Agree with Harry, I do exactly the same, Autoeurope and yearly insurance.. can't beat the prices!!

Pointer

Eau de Boeing
6th Mar 2015, 10:19
Harry, which company do you use for the excess?

I had one before but they stopped it for non-UK residents.

Much appreciated.

harry the cod
7th Mar 2015, 12:19
worldwideinsure.com

Harry

Gordomac
7th Mar 2015, 12:36
Thanks very much good people. Gonna give it a try today.

halas
7th Mar 2015, 16:39
The Missus usually uses Greenmotion.com.

Cheaper than most (bit off the main rental area) and you get what you book. For her usually a diesel.

halas

Sheikh Your Bootie
7th Mar 2015, 22:18
Cheap Car Rentals, Best Prices Guaranteed! - rentalcars.com (http://www.rentalcars.com) for me Habibis. Always 99% of the time cheapest. Get the annual policy to reduce your insurance excess. Many companies doing it.

Greenmotion is good as well, if off airport.

SyB :zzz: