PDA

View Full Version : When will they ever learn

Avgas172
26th Feb 2015, 08:23
Walked up to do a maintenance run up of a customers C206 today, wasn't able to get it started so I strolled back to the hangar, heard the thunder behind me and turned around and headed back to tie her down while it passed. On the way the young pilot passed me and I said g'day as you do and tied the plane down, & headed back to the hangar again. Boss said go get the plane so I headed back up in the middle of the storm only to watch the young commercial pilot taxi up the runway, and by the time I got to the safety of the high wings of the 206 I was in a good position to watch (and take a video) as the Saratoga lifted off and headed into the storm. I'm unsure of his outcome and he probably made it home fine, but after 30 years flying I am firmly convinced that some folk will just never learn. :ugh: incidentally i taxied back to the hangar 10 minutes later with a blue sky overhead .......

Best Rate
26th Feb 2015, 08:33
Maybe the said pilot was able to depart in a shower that was reasonably assessed to be laterally clear (enough) of the storm, and within 3-4 min of being airborne was in that same blue sky you observed a bit later???

Whaddya estimate the viz to have been during the Smellytoga's departure from YTBT (aka Timbuktu)????! :}

Avgas172
26th Feb 2015, 08:40
Visibility wasn't the issue, the rain going passed horizontally and the 206 being pushed 30 deg sideways while tied down may have been, and I did enjoy the light and sound show that was provided as a backdrop to the toga's rocking and rolling as it got airborne....

Lookleft
26th Feb 2015, 09:29
but after 30 years flying I am firmly convinced that some folk will just never learn.

Its not limited to GA either. As an active storm rolled through Tulla on Monday I saw 4 aircraft land while a QF 737 and JQ A320 sat at the holding point, both having cancelled their ready call due to the storm. The TS siren had gone off before the aircraft landed. In answer to your question- they don't and probably never will.

Best Rate
26th Feb 2015, 09:34
Aha, a little more qualification of your initial post helps paint the picture for us more easily..... :ok:

dubbleyew eight
26th Feb 2015, 23:07
a question that could also be asked is who is it that needs to learn?

you have commented on some flying in marginal metrological conditions that, by your own account, was all successfully undertaken.

we live in an environment of incredible pessimism generated by the "we know safety" experts out there.
aviation is seen as a disaster about to unfold.
the holes in the cheese are everywhere they say. they are about to line up, beware!

the reality is however quite different. :ok:

when are you going to learn that aviation can be successfully carried out in less than perfect conditions.
during WW2 the aircraft were such that they couldn't handle high crosswinds on landing. a lot of "wisdom" about landings came into being about then.
in my aeroplane I can and have landed with a rigid windsock at 90 degrees to the runway.
am I to take heed of "conventional" wisdom or can I continue to fly according to my own evaluations of risk, knowing that the conventional wisdom is of a different era?

so who needs to learn? :}

4forward8back
26th Feb 2015, 23:35
Do you have the rego? Maybe the operator/owner of the aircraft would like to see that video.

They're more likely to learn that way, rather than stumbling across this thread and thinking "sh1t, that was me!".

j3pipercub
26th Feb 2015, 23:52
Yes, let us all tut tut, safe in the knowledge that anything stupid we all did as young inexperienced pilots was before everyone carried around 12 mega pixel video cameras in their pockets.

j3

fujii
27th Feb 2015, 01:04
Lookleft. Nothing unusual in jets landing whilst others won't depart. If the cells aren't on final, aircraft can land whereas if on the initial departure track they won't depart. What do you suggest, inbound aircraft stay airborne as the cells move through? The siren goes off well before the storm reaches the airfield.
I did 14 years in ML TWR and what you describe sounds pretty normal.

psycho joe
27th Feb 2015, 01:49
Pot to kettle. I'm just waiting for a thread now about how "some old codger couldn't get a C206 started...can't believe how unprofessional he was...someone said he'd been doing it for thirty years...when will he ever learn" :E

Berealgetreal
27th Feb 2015, 03:36
I recall voicing concerns prior to a scenic 10 years ago. We taxied out in formation, on the back track I announced that I was taxiing back (to be yelled at by the boss). The senior pilot departed as did the most junior. What followed was an incredibly violent storm and two pilots that did a circuit and scared the f out of themselves their pax and us watching on the ground.

Sometimes you just have to hold on the ground or in the air. I worked that out by the 200 hour mark.

Arnold E
27th Feb 2015, 09:35
"some old codger couldn't get a C206 started...can't believe how unprofessional he was...someone said he'd been doing it for thirty years...when will he ever learn"

Not exactly sure what you are saying here, I have been required to start many aircraft over the years, and I can remember that on at least one occasion that I did, indeed, flatten the battery of a 206 (as it happens) trying to start it for maintenance. What are you saying?? Ofourse the customer never knew this.

Avgas172
27th Feb 2015, 11:10
a question that could also be asked is who is it that needs to learn?

you have commented on some flying in marginal metrological conditions that, by your own account, was all successfully undertaken.

we live in an environment of incredible pessimism generated by the "we know safety" experts out there.
aviation is seen as a disaster about to unfold.
the holes in the cheese are everywhere they say. they are about to line up, beware!

the reality is however quite different.

when are you going to learn that aviation can be successfully carried out in less than perfect conditions.
during WW2 the aircraft were such that they couldn't handle high crosswinds on landing. a lot of "wisdom" about landings came into being about then.
in my aeroplane I can and have landed with a rigid windsock at 90 degrees to the runway.
am I to take heed of "conventional" wisdom or can I continue to fly according to my own evaluations of risk, knowing that the conventional wisdom is of a different era?

so who needs to learn?
Sorry for the long quote but W8 obviously was there on the day as well, I'm not sure what part of a Thunderstorm would be described as marginal weather, maybe the part that is 50 miles away from you, you can fly however and whenever you like but not with me in the plane, when does one compare a crosswind with a downburst or microburst?, or maybe you have a better weather radar than my mark one eyeballs did that day. Your plane W8, your risk however a commercial pilot may have my granddaughter with he/she that day and I choose not to blindly accept that this chap had the right to take off when he could have waited a few minutes and operated the flight safely.

Avgas172
27th Feb 2015, 11:21
Yes, let us all tut tut, safe in the knowledge that anything stupid we all did as young inexperienced pilots was before everyone carried around 12 mega pixel video cameras in their pockets.

Don't wish to comment on your particular stupidity J3, but no I never took off in the middle of a thunderstorm camera or not ....

j3pipercub
27th Feb 2015, 11:57
Perhaps not Avgas,

I'm sure you were never EVER the young fresh faced young pilot, EVER EVER. Always approached every situation with the level head of a pilot MANY MANY years your senior in experience.

I'm sure you were ALWAYS AT ALL TIMES 100 PUSSCENT. ABOVE BOARD. Never even sniffed something that might have been slightly awry. If you even thought about something mildly naughty, you went home, said 15 hail Mary's and BIRCHED yourself until you bled.

So what did you hope to achieve by coming on here an big noting yourself about 'filming' said 'young CPL?' I mean apart from having a good ole tut tut about the younguns of today? What was the price of fuel when you were a boy? How much were a bag of sweets at the milk bar?

We were all 10ft high and bullet proof when we were young, relative to our current psyche.

By the way, you aren't authorised to comment on my 'particular' stupidity without paying a royalty. My stupidity involves arriving at the servo with 4 bars, wings and ASIC to impress the ladies. It has never worked but I hold out hope that it will one day. I'm sure one day, there will be that one girl, shazza, who will take me up on my offer and I will ride home with her and her 6 kids in her rusty 1994 tarago to domestic bliss. Until that day, my search continues for my elusive shazza.

One last thing, if the 'thunderstorm' was gone with blue sky in 10 mins (your words) wasn't much of a thunderstorm. Funny how said tiny CB could swing a TIED DOWN 206 30 DEGREES SIDEWAYS, but be gone in 10 mins...Perhaps someone needs to remove their foot from the exagerator? Or learn to tie an aircraft down better. Or was this the CB 50 miles away?

Pics or it didn't happen.

j3

The name is Porter
27th Feb 2015, 12:05

Wasn't there so not passing judgement. But 'we all did'. Does that mean you've taken off in a thunderstorm? I must have had good training.

j3pipercub
27th Feb 2015, 12:20
Look, if you would like to build a straw man, then go for it, but that wasn't what was meant. What was meant was in one way or another, intentionally or by accident, whether we were conscious of it or not, WE ALL DID STUPID THINGS as inexperienced pilots. Twist that statement however you'd like to also.

j3

Avgas172
27th Feb 2015, 21:05
last thing, if the 'thunderstorm' was gone with blue sky in 10 mins (your words) wasn't much of a thunderstorm. Funny how said tiny CB could swing a TIED DOWN 206 30 DEGREES SIDEWAYS, but be gone in 10 mins...Perhaps someone needs to remove their foot from the exagerator? Or learn to tie an aircraft down better. Or was this the CB 50 miles away?
J3
The Thunderstorm was gone in about 20 mins, I did exaggerate the time frame from start to finish was probably 20 mins on reflection, the surrounding storms wind and rain continued in the immediate area for a couple of hours as the front passed through, PM me and I'm happy to send you the video taken as you seem to doubt my ability to determine what constitutes a thunderstorm (is there such a thing as a tiny cell in comparison to a small Piper) I will also send you a photo of the 172 beside it that was at 30 deg also, both aircraft un identified. In fact I am a very low hour pilot in comparison with sky gods like you, however I have been alive 30 years longer than you and I hope you manage to catch up with me with your 4 bars, ray bans and straw hat .....

j3pipercub
27th Feb 2015, 22:07
So if the surrounding storms and rain continued for a couple of hours, I'm guessing there was no blue sky 10 mins later? So you lied about that? How much of the rest of the story is also fabricated?

You're the one with the ever changing story, post the video on here, for all to see.

I won't respond to the skygod/I've beeen alive longer than you comments.

j3

ruddegar
27th Feb 2015, 22:27
Why is everyone on pprune such a smarmy argumentative asshole? This is such a horrible community.

Clearedtoreenter
27th Feb 2015, 22:49
Why is everyone on PPRuNe such a smarmy argumentative asshole? This is such a horrible community.

It's a bit like the way many car drivers turn into aggressive, arrogant, intolerant megalomaniacs when they get behind the wheel. Ahhh, the Beaty of being anonymous, we love it. Some of us perhaps don't realise how easily identifiable we actually are though. Most here are really nice folks;)

Centaurus
28th Feb 2015, 00:09
Sometimes it takes more courage to stay on the ground waiting for weather to pass over than trusting to luck and taking off. For example being No 4 waiting in turn at the holding point and watching the aircraft in front of you blast off into stormy weather while you try to evaluate the storm on your radar before it is your turn to line and up and wait. Now lined up, you get a closer look at the storm on your radar and you really don't like what you see.

As the captain of any aircraft, whether it be a airliner or a lightie, you now have to make a decision. Do I go and hope for the best - or do I request permission to vacate the runway and hold somewhere until the storm passes? All the other aircraft have disappeared up into the murk and all you can see on the runway as you are lined up next to go, are clouds of steam still obscuring the runway in the heavy rain from the heat of jet engines at full power. It is an awesome sight that often adds to the drama.

You decide based on experience that you will go with the gut feeling and meekly ask ATC that you wish to vacate now and hold. ATC directs you to a holding bay and the next aircraft behind you in the queue lines up. He is a Chinese carrier and nothing frightens him and he blasts off into the murk as well.

So far, no Mayday calls from the heroes ahead. Safely at the holding point somewhere on the airport, you begin to feel slightly guilty and a bit foolish and ask yourself are you losing your nerve for not taking off when everyone else has got away with it? Well, you shouldn't feel foolish. The others trusted to luck and maybe they were more worried about management's reaction about damaging the company on-time departure statistics than the violence of a thunderstorm overhead.

In another era, I was a dead heading observing pilot in the jump seat during landing in a typhoon affected Western Pacific island. I had been on duty for over 15 hours except observer status was not counted as duty time in that airline. We should never have been in that situation in the first place and could have easily diverted to a weather clear alternate well before ETA at the destination. The captain was very experienced but known to be slow in making decisions. Despite warnings from ATC that our destination airport was in the grip of 50-70 wind gusts in heavy rain he had this "it couldn't happen to me" attitude and so he pressed on. ATC said "Clear to land - but be aware possible debris on the runway and we cannot see the runway because we are all boarded up."

At touch down, the wind had abated somewhat but the weather was coming through in gusts with blinding rain. We arrived at the airport terminal and a crew change occurred. I was to continue dead heading to our final destination 1500 miles away over the Pacific. The new promoted captain for this sector arrived at the aircraft and announced he intended to depart since the centre of the typhoon was still 100nm away. I was appalled at his decision but was carried along with the speed of events and stayed aboard. We taxied for take off wind 45 gusting to 70 knots and heavy rain reducing vis to 300 metres at times.

The female ATC must have been astounded that we were actually going to depart in such weather because she said "Clear for take off- expect possibility of compressor stalls and debris on the runway." Compressor stall warning was a new one to me until I remembered the airport was a joint military and civil international airport and the ATC was American military.

It was midnight as we lined up and we were being shaken by massive wind gusts and suddenly the visibility was reduced to zero by the windscreen being covered in a seemingly wall of water. The first officer had kept quiet while all this was going on but now he spoke up saying we should not take off in such weather.

From the jump seat I added to his concern by saying that we could never answer to a court of inquiry if things went wrong. Faced with dissension in the ranks the captain relented and we taxied back to the terminal, much to my relief. The captain ordered everyone to stay aboard while to rushed to the Met Office. He was back inside ten minutes saying "We are going again - the typhoon centre is still 80 miles away.

I had this foreboding we weren't going to be so lucky this time around and told the captain I had been on duty for many hours as an observer and was so tired I could not continue and I was going to the pub for the night. The captain almost certainly didn't realise I was simply scared stiff that he really intended to depart in such dangerous weather conditions and that I wanted out right now. There was no time to get my bag from the cargo hold and I left the aircraft there and then. The last I saw of the aircraft was its strobe lights vanishing on the blinding rain and darkness and I silently wished the passengers and crew the best of luck.

A Customs and Immigration official drove me to the hotel where all windows had been boarded up. All I had was the clothes on me which were soaking wet. On the following day a company aircraft arrived on its normal schedule and by then the weather had abated. I dead headed on that flight home.

It turned out that my original aircraft had got away safely (?) after experiencing severe turbulence on the initial climb-out and after leaving the storm clouds behind, enjoyed a trouble free flight to its destination. My later explanation to the chief pilot that I had stayed on the ground at destination XYZ because I had been on duty for well over the legal time and was fatigued, was accepted and no one had any inkling of the real reason I left the aircraft when I did. The new captain meanwhile had been congratulated on a job well done by getting the aircraft out of the typhoon affected island and everyone went home happy. No reports were filed and no questions asked.

The point of this story is that it is no shame if a pilot decides to sit out bad weather while others decided to risk it and go.

megan
28th Feb 2015, 00:09
WE ALL DID STUPID THINGS as inexperienced pilotsLearnin out of a book only takes you so far. You actually have to do stuff in order to get experience. The STUPID bit only becomes evident following the experience. Remember the saying, "Life is a hard teacher, first comes the exam, then comes the lesson". Or the other, you start with an empty bag of experience and a bag full of luck. The trick is to fill the bag of experience without emptying the bag of luck.

If you ain't done stupid, you ain't done nothin.

The name is Porter
28th Feb 2015, 00:10
j3, me thinks you protesteth too much, just what is your point here? You can make lots of mistakes in aviation, some you can make over and over, flying into an active TS is one that can take you out the first time you do it.

Avgas172
28th Feb 2015, 09:09
J3, you sir are an ass, I offered you the video, all you have to do is pm me for it.
I did not lie, I have the evidence should you have the guts to pm me rather than act like a dog. You have the free choice to take off whenever you like and usually it's someone like me who has to come looking for you when your epirb goes off.

Pinky the pilot
28th Feb 2015, 09:45
J3; As far as I'm concerned some of the above posters have said it all. :ok:

FWIW: Another lifetime ago one day in an A model C402, I was cruising in IMC well above one of the highest LSALTs in PNG, feeling reasonably safe, 'dumb and happy' when the turbulence started to increase in severity.:ooh:

At the time I was at around 16,500' and the O2 bottle had just 'run dry!':eek: Whilst I was trying to work out just WTF was happening and what I should do about it, out of the corner of my eye I noticed a huge flash which was followed a second or two later by a loud bang, which I heard quite distinctly even above the noise of the engines!!:eek:

Even with an O2 deprived brain I managed to come to the conclusion that I should GTF out of that area and I made a 90 degree turn, thankfully in the right direction and soon broke visual and descended to an altitude more condusive to an aircraft with no supplementary O2.

The point is; Initially I did something stupid!:= I thankfully realised that I had done so (I think it 'mazing m'self) and did something about it!

drunk_pilot
28th Feb 2015, 10:42
Centaurus,

Thanks for again sharing some of your wisdom. I always enjoy your posts.

You're absolutely right - it takes more guts to say 'no' sometimes than 'go'. However, from my (limited) experience, when having made 'go' or 'no-go' decisions, I have regretted going somtimes, but have never regretted staying.

As far as saying 'no' and then feeling like a wimp because all the others got in / out OK, you only need to look at Delta flight 191 (microburst). The aircraft ahead in the sequence landed with no difficulties, but that was of no help to the crew of Delta 191. What others do is irrelevant, trust your gut!:ok:

yr right
28th Feb 2015, 10:54
drunk pilot
I said it before and ill say it again the hardest word in aviation is

NO

j3pipercub
28th Feb 2015, 12:00
Avgas,

All you had to do was post the video here in question. Why is that so hard? So then call me a dog, not a big insult coming from you. Your story changed 3 times. It went from blue skies after the 'storm' to rain and storms all afternoon, don't forget the horizontal rain. You can still post the video here, if it exists. Why do you need my email address and to speak to me privately? Youtube hosts so many videos it's a breeze to upload.

Pinky

Thanks for the free character assessment. I'm going to assume you've had a bit too much red on a Saturday night and let that post slide, as it is dripping with entitlement (especially your little bold quip at the end) and completely misses the point. I enjoy your posts about when you used to fly in PNG and would more than likely regret saying what is going through my mind at present. The ridiculous thing is, you prove my point with your story about being a young idiot whose oxygen bottle had just 'run out'.

This isn't about when to say no, the point is and I stress once again for the slow ones that keep missing it;

WE ALL DID STUPID THINGS WHEN WE WERE YOUNG PILOTS. We all learnt from these things. This isn't about flying through particular thunderstorms or taking off or landing in thunderstorms. It is a simple point that when we are inexperienced, we make mistakes, errors of judgement, oversights, ego, pride etc. But coming onto an anonymous forum to ingratiate yourself to those the riding the outrage bus makes you look foolish.

But once again, whatever, twist it to however you want. I'm done here.

j3

The name is Porter
28th Feb 2015, 14:16
Don't worry about j3, he pays for endo's then rags others for doing it, he's got form, just saying. He's now a big man union delegate and knows it all.

Avgas172
28th Feb 2015, 20:35
J3 after your previous comments I was wondering if you were a pilot or just a troll, porter seems to know you so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
You clearly don't know much about western weather patterns or you would be aware that the afternoon Storm phenomenon is usually a line of storms which is interspersed with patches of blue, in this case also bought much needed rain to the area. you called me a liar, and I do take exception to that, hence the term dog (in this case an injustice to the canines) which is an Australian vernacular for someone that does a dog act whilst hiding behind anonymity, that I will not withdraw. The reason for the OP is not to bring shame on the pilot that day, I am confident his undies will do that for him, but to again draw attention to the stupidity in leaving the ground as a result of time constraints when it is not SAFE to do so, in Australian Flying this month Jim Davis has an excellent article where a highly experienced pilot in a 210 lost her life along with two others inadvertently entering a cell, do yourself a favour and have a read. I will upload the vid on utube so you don't have to divulge your email address to the world of me.

Eddie Dean
28th Feb 2015, 21:31
Avgas172 may i suggest not uploading the video. The regulator may take a dim view of the pilots action

Squawk7700
28th Feb 2015, 22:13
Maybe he should upload it. 1. It will confirm the credibility of the opening poster and 2. It will fire a rocket up the a-rse of the pilot if CASA to talk to him. Nothing bad can come of it if nobody did anything legally wrong.....

Hempy
1st Mar 2015, 00:10
Don't worry about j3, he pays for endo's then rags others for doing it, he's got form, just saying. He's now a big man union delegate and knows it all.
j3 and w8 both have form. I wouldn't get into an aeroplane with either of them.

Di_Vosh
1st Mar 2015, 01:11
Seriously? J3 posts something. You disagree. He replies. You disagree again. But you've now run out of counter-arguments so all most of you can do is to go for highly personal attacks.

Pathetic.

DIVOSH!

DeRated
1st Mar 2015, 01:30
Gosh No, DIVOSH.... once an argument over a beer would end with "I'll see you out the back....!" And probably a handshake after the bloodied noses......

Here we strut our stuff with a keyboard and mouse (weapons of choice, heh)! No risk here.

We make our own experience. Occasionally learn by it......

(From a previously bold, now old........)

The name is Porter
1st Mar 2015, 02:37
highly personal attacks.

It's far from a personal attack, it's fact. Personally I couldn't care less what's said on a forum, in particular this one. Harden up.

Avgas172
1st Mar 2015, 03:22
Di, being called a liar on a forum post or anywhere else is no small matter and in fact is J3's only contribution to the OP. I will upload the video, as I believe the pilot concerned was probably (marginally) legal if not stupid and in any case if you can read the rego as he disappears into the clouds and rain you would have far better optics than me. As for me I would think being called a liar is the worst insult the coward could say to a person he knows nothing about.

psycho joe
1st Mar 2015, 08:56
If the op was seriously concerned about safety then why didn't they notify CASA though the established channels instead of glory hunting on an anonymous forum?

The PIC should surely have the right to publicly and officially clear their name, rather than have someone hide behind anonimity like a "dog".

Avgas172
3rd Mar 2015, 09:20
Apt name Joe, no one has been named or shamed, so no need to clear anyone's name, feel free to pm me and I will send you the video, as I have already stated there is no suggestion that anything illegal was done, so no problemo. Provided you are suitably qualified to take off in a thunderstorm feel free to do so, oh wait maybe that's why you go by the pseudonym of Pyscho .....

Username here
3rd Mar 2015, 09:40
Still no video...

[yoda voice]Getting harder to believe this is, starting to sound like crap it is..[/yoda voice]

You already admitted you're a low time guy... Go get some time up before you start judging others.

psycho joe
4th Mar 2015, 01:44
avgas172.

"When will they ever learn" indeed. Seeger's anti war rhetoric and angst toward the government was misdirected towards members of the armed forces. In the same vein of perceived injustice, you're angry because you perceive that a young pilot who is less worthy than you is forging ahead in their career, whilst yours is dead.

You're a failed commercial pilot who desperately seeks positive affirmation from pilots on an anonymous forum. And that is sad. So Is the fact that you can't start a 206. Put down the camera and get back to work.

Compylot
4th Mar 2015, 08:14
Yeah look I have to call the OP out here too and congratulate those calling bull**** on this 'story'.
You know I've had 20 years experience on jet skis in that I've been out once a year for a few days at at a time, so does that qualify me to make the comment that 'In twenty years of water sports I've never seen...'
No, of course not.
What we have here is a classic example of inflated social media personality. ie someone who likes to dramatize a part of their life by recounting a story to gain sympathy, agreement and a lot of 'tut tutting'.
So you have an old man with a ppl gained 30 years ago who admits they are very low time, try and pass judgement on the operation of another professional pilot, yet can't start a Cessna single and has no problem walking out in such hazardous conditions like the open area of an airport when a thunderstorm was present to try and tie down an aircraft??
Yeah bull****, and don't start the whole 'I was only trying to highlight a safety deficiency' No, if it was that much of a concern you would go straight the authorities, not some anonymous forum to fish for agreement to a factless fairy tale...

Hempy
4th Mar 2015, 08:44
^^ voice of experience right there folks.. :rolleyes:

Compylot
4th Mar 2015, 09:11
:ok: ¡ʍǝıʌ ɟo ʇuıod ʎɯ ǝǝs noʎ pɐןb os ɯ,ı 'ʎdɯǝɥ sɹǝǝɥɔ

psycho joe
4th Mar 2015, 10:18
^^^^ What kind of black magic is this?

He's a witch!!!

kaz3g
4th Mar 2015, 10:31
That would be a wharlock!

The name is Porter
4th Mar 2015, 10:37
Nah, it's knob

Squawk7700
4th Mar 2015, 11:21
So Compylot you are 24 as per your profile and have been operating jet skis for
20 years?

Compylot
4th Mar 2015, 11:41
So Compylot you are 24 as per your profile and have been operating jet skis for 20 years?

Yeah that's right....and as per your profile can I presume that you squawk 7700 every time you fly?

gerry111
4th Mar 2015, 11:44
Perhaps Compylot may have started really young in maritime vandalism?

(Sorry, but I do have a rather dim view of jet skiers who don't observe speed restrictions. And particularly, within one of my favourite moorings at Refuge Bay, NSW.)

Kaz, I think "warlock" perhaps? :ok:

Hempy
4th Mar 2015, 11:51
whorelock?

Stanwell
4th Mar 2015, 12:19
Where have you been, Compy?
We've all SO missed your words of wisdom - hang on, my five year-old wants to talk to you.
I'll just sit back while he tells you where you're going wrong.
Cheers.

Compylot
4th Mar 2015, 12:26
So Stanwell, you are 67 according to your profile... and you have a five year old?

Nice one bra!

Hempy
4th Mar 2015, 12:29
Nice one bra!

http://www.ecouterre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/microsoft-stress-detecting-bra-1-537x402.jpg

Stanwell
4th Mar 2015, 12:34
Oooh!
Just his size, too.

Hempy
4th Mar 2015, 12:38
I dunno, I was imagining something more like a double D..

Stanwell
4th Mar 2015, 12:46
Do we detect a bit of thread drift here?

Centaurus, megan and Porter (#'s 22, 23 & 24) neatly summed it up, I think.

p.s. Thanks again for your trouble, Centaurus.

kaz3g
5th Mar 2015, 09:45
Wharlock, whorelock, warlock...depends on how you hold your mouth when you say it :-)

Clearly I'm not expert in matters occult.

Kaz