PDA

View Full Version : Landing Site Adjacent to Willow Valley Golf & Country Club, West Yorkshire

CRAN
12th Feb 2015, 15:11
Chaps,

I need to fly up to the Cleckheaton area in West Yorkshire next Wednesday and am looking for a landing site. I have been told by staff at the Willow Valley Golf & Country Club that the fields opposite the clubs entrance can or have previously provided helicopter landing facilities. Unfortunately, they couldn't give me any contact details.

Does anybody have any contact details that they are prepared to share?

Thanks in Advance,
CRAN:ok:

Bravo73
12th Feb 2015, 16:29
Do you need to 'land and park' or 'land and depart'?

I'm struggling to believe that a golf club doesn't have room to land a helicopter. I've landed at plenty in the past.

misterbonkers
12th Feb 2015, 16:40
I always use yell.com to find farmers and cheekily ask them. If they don't own the particular field they usually know who does. A search in this area has returned Willow Farm; 01274 861478. Landing fee for a farmer is normally a decent bottle of scotch.

The holiday inn at brighouse accepts helicopters. And only a short taxi ride away. A slight slope.

Disclaimer - I don't work for yell.com! Or the holiday inn or willow farm.

Flaxton Flyer
12th Feb 2015, 17:04
Give Phil Saunders a call on 01274 679347. He used to fly a Hughes 500 from
a paddock behind his house. I have landed there many times, but if was a few years ago. Phil is a good lad, if he hasn't tarmacced over his paddock, I'm sure he'll be able to help you!

misterbonkers
12th Feb 2015, 18:57
Ennio - from your post I'm guessing you're not a Yorkshireman. Luckily Yorkshire is still a pragmatic part of the world and people have a good sense of humour. If they're not happy with you ringing up you'll soon find out.

Flaxton understands :o)

CRAN
13th Feb 2015, 08:11
Bravo73,

Many thanks. I want to land, nip of by road and do some business for a couple of hours and then depart. Judging by the satellite images the club has plenty of room. They just gave me the impression they didn't want the hassle.

Many Thanks,
CRAN.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

misterbonkers,

Many thanks, I have done just that and managed to find a suitable field 4mins by car away from my final destination.

Many Thanks,
CRAN.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flaxton,

Great thank you. I'll keep these details in my back pocket for next time.

Thanks Again,
CRAN

...now lets hope the weather's kind to me!