PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea tractor

apron
11th Feb 2015, 20:48
After some opinions on 4x4's. Thinking of upgrading the kid tank and was wondering if we have any good deals out there with either of the cards that some subscribe to? 7/8 seater. Any ideas gents? 👍

RedhillPhil
11th Feb 2015, 21:44
Are you driving regularly through three feet of water?
Does your regular route cross a muddy field?
Does your route include unpaved potholed roads?
No?
You don't need a 4X4. Get a Ford Voyager.

jack schidt
12th Feb 2015, 00:53
The cars that best suit the heat come from the Far East, everything else will not wear the heat as well. FACT.

J

Farrell
12th Feb 2015, 08:11
I have a Prado. Doesn't owe me a penny at this stage but you can only get seven into it.
Maybe have a look at the full-sized Landcruiser or the Sequoia.
Had a look at a Nissan Patrol a few weeks ago when buying Mrs. F's Xterra.
Very nice!

RedhillPhil: Have you been out this neck of the woods? There's a reason why we drive 4x4s here!
View height and impact protection. He'd be torn to shreds in a Voyager.

http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/1.992658!/image/3290771984.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_475/3290771984.jpg

Stanwell
12th Feb 2015, 09:32
apron,
I agree with Farrell. The full-size LandCruiser or the Patrol.

I did spend some years in mineral exploration in outback OZ.
If, as you say, your location is the Sandpit, then don't consider anything less.

You are less than specific about your location and intended use for the vehicle.
If you want proper, considered advice then please provide further details.

Cheers.

alwayzinit
13th Feb 2015, 10:47
Avoid overly technical German offerings, the heat in summer kills the swanky electronics, the same goes for anything with air suspension bags.
I say this from personal experience with the above and changed to the very basically engineered but very reliable (and great fun) F150.
Admittedly not great parking in the malls various but everything else is excellent and practical.
The A/C is fantastic and servicing is peanuts compared to the Teutonic options.
My 2 dirhams worth.
Oh and Al Tayers do nice deals.

helen-damnation
13th Feb 2015, 12:19
I have a 12 year old Pajero, still going strong. Not as much money as the Toyotas but will go the distance.

Never had American but I'm told they don't last in the heat. Likewise, Range Rovers are nice but expensive and can be problematic.

SOPS
13th Feb 2015, 12:25
Had no experience with Range Rovers in the Middle East, but I know in Perth, where summers can get up to 45 degrees, they seem to have problems with the heat. A mate of mine had one in Perth, and it cost him a fortune in electrical problems.