PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed fron QR pilots

jis320
11th Feb 2015, 12:50
Hi guys:

I'm an A320 CP/TRI in a mayor airline in South America and I'm considering the possibility to apply for a job in QR. The only issue with this is that my wife is jewish. She is not a religious person and only has a chilean passport. Do you think that she might find any problem getting the visa, or if we finally move to Doha, any problem once living there?

Any thought will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Obbie
12th Feb 2015, 00:15
If it is not stated on anything they request, then it should not be a problem.
You will have to lie on the various forms where it asks for religion.
Simply put "Not Religious"
You will also need to keep it to yourselves after you arrive.

LowPassGliderA330
12th Feb 2015, 02:54
If you're a employee of LAN or its affiliates, stay where you are. No dollar can equalize the comfort of living at home (just read the EK-Thread... I think quite some things you can also apply on certain other ME-Carriers...)

Why would you like to join and live in doha???

Cheers,
330lowpass

v4city
12th Feb 2015, 12:48
Just happened to read a post of a Chilean guy in QR, things aren't better than home.

Airmann
12th Feb 2015, 12:56
So long as she does not have any Israeli visas or stamps on her passport she wil be fine. Was a Jewish QR captain here for a while, recently left, nothing to do with religion, think he retired or just moved on. Quite a few Jewish families living in Bahrain been there for centuries.

jis320
12th Feb 2015, 17:00
Thank very much guys. I really appreciate the answers.
The conditions here are good, but not that good if you compare our contract with the overall conditions offerd by QR.

Cheers!!