PDA

View Full Version : Regarding EMER generation system of A330

A330_driver
11th Feb 2015, 06:18
As far as I know, emergency generator of a330 is activated when main generator are lost or both hydraulic failure.

What makes me confused is that FCOM says something weird i can't understand.
it says
" the green hydraulic pressure, which powers the emer generator is provided by engine(s) driven pump(s), if at least one engine is running "
How is this possible? we need the emergency generator when we have no main generator which can power green hydraulic.

And, FCOM says
" The EMER GEN is inhibited when slats are extended. it can be manually activated by pushing the MAN ON pb "

why is the EMER GEN inhibited when slats are extended?
though it can be simply activated by pushing a small btn.
FCOM doesn't mention anything about what i wrote down above.
So i leave a thread here.

Thanks for your helping in advance! :)

ACMS
11th Feb 2015, 08:47
Emergency Gen runs off the Green HYD and not necessarily the RAT. Don't confuse the Emer Gen operation with the RAT extension.

Before commencing approach you would push the land recovery button to recover a whole lot of stuff you need to land including the Flaps.

This is if the normal AC Power has failed but Engines are running in Emer Elec Config.

If you lost both Engines or G and Y or G and B Hyd the RAT would automatically deploy and power the Emer Gen with reduced output once again in Emer Elec Config.

Then before commencing approach you'd still push the land recovery push button but you'd not get any flaps.....

There is a nice table of operative equipment in the QRH whilst in Emer Elec Config.