PDA

View Full Version : Route and Cost to ATPL

liviums
5th Feb 2015, 20:49
Hi to everyone,
I am new to this forum and hope to find useful advice.
I do have a PPL and I am currently looking for ATPL. Can anyone give me an estimate of the cost from PPL to ATPL? and which route is the quickest? in UK
Thanks,

RTN11
6th Feb 2015, 23:35
I'd imagine this thread will be closed along the lines of there's lots of stuff here, so do some research.

You're really at the very beginning, but to answer your question, in order to get an ATPL, you need at least 500 hours in a multi crew aircraft, and therefore need a job flying in a multi crew environment, typically in an airline.

The way to achieve this is to obtain a commercial pilot licence (CPL) with associated ATPL theory. This is often referred to as a frozen ATPL which unfortunately makes people believe they have something equivalent to an ATPL when in fact they are nowhere near.

Do some research would be my advice.

OhNoCB
7th Feb 2015, 09:37
Simplified route: night rating, atpl theory, hour build, cpl, me/ir, mcc.

Quickest way if you have the money ready is to do it modular IMO. Integrated is often cited as the quicker way but if the money is available from the start, you can go to a modular school and tell them you want to fly 5/6 days a week and you'll probably find one to accommodate.

Do a search, theres plenty on here about it all.

Halfwayback
7th Feb 2015, 22:09
Welcome to the Wannabee forums

As stated - there are lots of threads here on the subject and I'm sure you will find the answers - try using the Search function

Good luck with your ambitions

HWB