PDA

View Full Version : EC 120 Air Conditioning

23 Inches
5th Feb 2015, 10:04
Greetings

Has anyone had experience with after market air con systems in the EC 120? Cost to install? Reliability ?

Thanks in advance

Kulwin Park
5th Feb 2015, 11:39
The ones made by Air Comm Corporation are great!
ex-Keith product by refined. See their website. Reliable and cold

23 Inches
6th Feb 2015, 06:44
KP

Did you guys retro fit that in Australia..? Any experience with an EC 120 with factory fit AC..?

Cheers

Kulwin Park
8th Feb 2015, 12:50
Factory fit AC is good on a machine that I've seen. I don't know about them all. But I have seen the Air Comm ones fitted to EC145s and AS350s from new. They're really great stuff! Find an operator that has one and ask to see it working.

nuthin
9th Feb 2015, 03:12
Phoenix in FT Mac, Canada have one. Factory, I believe and weighs only 30lbs vs 100 lbs in the EC30.
Will only take the edge off the heat but compare that to flying doors on in the heat.

John R81
10th Feb 2015, 20:57
I have the EC factory fit. works great.

Hot and Hi
20th Sep 2022, 05:24
I have the EC factory fit. works great.
How is the factory unit driven? Power take-off from the MRGB? Hydraulically? Electrically?

Ascend Charlie
20th Sep 2022, 06:26
Doesn't matter how, just GET one! The machine I flew in Oz had none, and the "ventilation" was dismal, with the sunlight on my black shoes almost cooking my feet, while I flew left-handed with my right hand trying to scoop air in through the piddly little window. Passengers were unimpressed with the heat.

ApolloHeli
20th Sep 2022, 13:20
How is the factory unit driven? Power take-off from the MRGB? Hydraulically? Electrically?
The RFM states it is "a compressor which is mechanically driven by a belt from the MGB output driving the engine oil cooler fan".

According to the supplement, it states "when the air conditioning system is in operation, the pilot must reduce the hover performances given in SECTION 5 of the basic flight manual by 20 kg (44 lb)".

Mee3
20th Sep 2022, 16:28
The factory ones have a proper adapter to draw power from fwd shaft section which also drives the cooler fan while the STC ones tap in next to the rotor brake. AFAIK, the STC ones are no longer airworthy after AD.

There is an factory SB to install original ac unit. Not sure if it is still valid.

as350nut
26th Sep 2022, 06:29
If any one wants a air conditioner for ec120 in Australia that works really well, i have one that has the aircraft attached it works well too, pm me if interested

Lee Rotortrade
13th Feb 2023, 09:08
If any one wants a air conditioner for ec120 in Australia that works really well, i have one that has the aircraft attached it works well too, pm me if interested
Hi, Do you still have this unit available?