PDA

View Full Version : Where has it gone ??

Diggo
5th Jun 2002, 13:37
Picture this :

Me, doing a hard mornings "GS"ing, decided to read through the entire new "Littlewoods summer collection catalogue", upon which I put pen to paper and ordered some "lingerie" (for a friend) and some pillow cases with a rather fetching floral design and a picture of a Welsh Sheep on it.
Feeling pretty pleased with myself I decided to have another early go. On the way out I stopped my new car by the overflow car park with the intention of putting the "priority order" envelope in the post box.

Imagine my surprise to find that it is no longer there !
Where has it gone? Who has removed it and why?

Seems a pretty strange thing to remove, can anyone throw any light on the matter ?

Cheers

Diggo :confused:

Northerner
5th Jun 2002, 13:48
Dunno, but it's been gone for quite a few months now! Perhaps the management discovered that all the complaint letters were being posted there....:D

bobby-boy
5th Jun 2002, 14:45
Perhaps it was given £8500 for working a couple of extra days then given an all expenses move down towards the south coast to see out it's remaining years. Though now it has moved it has less capacity!!:D

bobby-boy
5th Jun 2002, 15:25
Diggo

Any chance of leaving the lingerie section on one of the GS desks:D

OrsonCart
5th Jun 2002, 15:28
It vanished soon after Sept 11th 2001.

Did you post your consultative ballot form as well?

You could always borrow EGGW's inflatable Baaarbara the love sheep, she is very very popular on nights. The TMA boys often bring her back patched up after a long 'sleep'!

Diggo
5th Jun 2002, 15:40
bobby-boy.............
Any chance of leaving the lingerie section on one of the GS desks
Sorry matey, lent it to some assistant and now all the pages seem to be stuck together?
Said the watch manager spilt his coffee on it.

Diggo

Flight Plan Fixer
5th Jun 2002, 16:11
I noticed the postbox being removed mid-October last year, as I idly gazed out of the window whilst servicing one of the HCS/NAS high speed printers with degreasing solvent, Swarfega and whilst wearing Marigolds. (hey, everyone's got a hobby!)

Seriously, upon enquiring why such a useful and necessary feature had been removed, I was told that it's because...

(i) Having a postman on site post 9/11 was a security risk (this , from a Grope 4 guy with only one eye....you LTCC people know the one!), and

(ii) Because NATS actually paid a premium to the Royal Mail/Consignia to have said box on site.

You may have noticed the £1 stamp book machine disappearing around about the same time.

Penny wise, pound foolish, etc....
I hear that one of the coffee lounges at the Marie Celeste - erm, LTCC - will be closed soon to save a few canteen staff wages.

Luncheon Vouchers for West Drayton, that's what I say.

Wonder if Woody's will accept 'em?

Diggo
5th Jun 2002, 17:49
Flight Plan Fixer..............
"degreasing solvent, Swarfega and whilst wearing Marigolds"
I think we may have something in common.................
Do you have a Mrs Flight Plan Fixer?
I think we could all be friends.

Diggo

PS Thanks for the information about the Post Box
I wonder who actually made that decision?

Bigears
5th Jun 2002, 18:33
Someone made a decision? :eek:
Well, couldn't have been a manager then :D

foo fighting
6th Jun 2002, 23:48
diggo are you the real diggo ?

Flybywyre
7th Jun 2002, 13:55
Does the real "Diggo" wear ladies lingerie and have an interest in sheep then?

The Sad ATCO
7th Jun 2002, 19:02
I thought that sort of behaviour was a pre-requisite for becoming a GS in TC!:D