PDA

View Full Version : Pilot training which ends up with a job in airlines

Manu Reddy
3rd Feb 2015, 15:23
Hello Everyone,

I am from India & have to start from ab-initio. What type of course should I select & in which part of the world- which ends up with a job in hand. Even costs is an matter of concern for me.

Looking forward for valuable suggestions.

ChickenHouse
3rd Feb 2015, 15:37
You are asking the Holy Grail. If anybody here would have an answer to this, she/he would be rich beyond dreams within days.

Short, take the ordinary PPL-CPL-ATPL route and talk, talk, talk to the people around you - and bring your frustration level to "nothing can touch me", then add a lot of luck and you end up in cockpit.

Manu Reddy
3rd Feb 2015, 15:51
Thanks for the reply reply ChickenHouse,

I which place of the world should I take the ordinary route & in which route (modular/integrated), could you shed more light on these two routes.

ChickenHouse
3rd Feb 2015, 16:14
My personal opinion: aim for FAA route. Simple reason: almost everybody I met came to a point in life, where at least US validation, or for some mandatory conversion, had to be presented. If you start piloting N-reg, I got the impression of a wider landscape to grow upon. Wether the probability for success is bigger - really no idea ! - but the wealth of options appear to be more.
Modular or integrated is a hard question, I tend to be a more integrated and fast track guy, but that is just emotion and feeling.

Halfwayback
3rd Feb 2015, 20:00
ManU Reddy

Welcome to the Wannabee forum! You will find lots of information here and lots of people who will help. However they do expect you to do some serious research yourself.
I think if you read through some of the threads here - especially using the Search facility - you will find that most of your questions that you are likely to have will have been already asked and answered here.

Good luck with the searching!

HWB