PDA

View Full Version : MCC/JOC

Razor13
3rd Feb 2015, 12:01
Hello everyone, i need your help to apply for a MCC course after my cpl/ir licence that hopefully will be achieved in a few weeks but i don't know which place to go for...i wrote to Oxford, Cockpit4u, Sky4u, Jet Training..i'm looking even for a 737 sim fixed base to limit the cost. Obviously then i'm going to apply for Ryanair interview. Is the JOC recommended or it's enought the MCC course alone?

Thank you

parkfell
11th Feb 2015, 06:14
The more exposure you obtain to jet operations, the better your chance with the Ryanair process. This is not the time to skimp on costs. This is the most important part of the training process. Failure to achieve here, and you can forgot jet operations for the time being.
Ryanair use a certain third party operator/sim for their assessments. Need I say more? The longer the course the better. Best of luck. :ok:

speed_alive_rotate
11th Feb 2015, 10:19
@Razor13: A lot of places now do a MCC/JOC combined. I know SIMTECH in Dublin do, and that is where FR do their Dublin assessments from so maybe worth a look!!

Kappa87
11th Feb 2015, 12:42
Onestly I don't feel that a JOC is that importat...Even if you don't do your MCC on a jet, if you have an interview, 2 hours of preparation on the actual SIM + lot of time of Flight simulator for PC will get you up to speed with it!

Its Friday
11th Feb 2015, 13:45
On the subject of MCC's, does anyone have any experience with CAE's 737 course they would be willing to share or PM me? I'm looking into doing the CAE MCC but am having trouble justifying the costs...does it really help you get an interview with Ryanair? Would appreciate any help!

parkfell
11th Feb 2015, 17:47
K87

I think you are somewhat wide of the mark.

If you attend a Ryanair interview, the more 737NG experience you have, the better chance you have of succeeding. CRM plays a large part in the assessment.

I would say a combined JOC/MCC course is critical. A sound investment.

DALTA
14th Jun 2015, 18:44
Any news ? I'm also interested in the CAE MCC/JOC program

DALTA
14th Jun 2015, 18:48
I'm also considering the MCC/JOC course at CAE and I would like to know if you finally did it ? Did someone goes to the RYR interview after completion?

All info will be very appreciated :ok:

Thanks !

GAZ45
19th Jun 2015, 08:14
Question is....if you select a shorter 28 hour course on a generic fixed base sim and then want to apply for Ryanair (or any airline for that matter), how are you going to perform in a sim assessment against students who have done a 40 hour MCC/JOC on a full motion 737 simulator? Logically, how can you be better? Generally speaking they will have the edge 9 times out of 10 because they have 12 more hours of full motion simulator time.

Thats not to say that you can't pass a sim assessment with an airline if you go on a shorter course with a generic fixed base sim because theres a huge amount of people who have, but its worth thinking about. Thats the logic I applied anyway, I'd prefer 40 hours of experience on full motion to get a decent exposure to what we have to expect in the future both in terms of aircraft familiarity and team work/CRM.

As for the NG comment above, the 737-400 isn't massively different to the NG. If you get FSX with the PMDG 737-800NG addon you can use the 737-400 SOPs from your MCC/JOC course on FSX to practice your checks and get used the the changes in the cockpit layout.

I think MCC/JOC is a must have now as airlines are starting to ask for both. I think the JOC lowers the type rating training hours requirements so airlines are asking for them to reduce their own type rating costs (even though you'll be paying for the TR anyway with RYR)!