PDA

View Full Version : Leave allocation 2015/6

East coast
2nd Feb 2015, 15:47
Anyone else getting a little frustrated over EGIT issues..
Please, we are big boys and girls...
Stop with the nonsense. :ugh:

Mr Good Cat
2nd Feb 2015, 15:59
EGIT has nothing to do with this ;-)

East coast
2nd Feb 2015, 16:13
You didn't spence the element of sarcasm

thatwasclose
2nd Feb 2015, 18:13
They can't even allocate leave on time anymore.

glofish
2nd Feb 2015, 19:09
Private Life and Health Operations Management advises that the Home Study and Distant Learning time allocation is delayed due to a system issue called Missus. Once the issue resolved we will inform you about the further proceedings, hopefully by tomorrow or sometime next year.

Emeraate O'Hilarious
Senior Super Duper Vice President of the team of HH Sir TC, better Airline Manager than all the others

Outatowner
2nd Feb 2015, 23:51
It's almost funny how the job of dishing out the bad news gets handballed around the various cling-ons in "management."

The vacation program is a known mathematical quantity and they have a year to plan for the same thing, every single year. It's just the one job the leave planners have and they can't even get that right. What a lot of ****-ups they are.

This shambles is the administrative equivalent of you sitting in the cockpit for 75 minutes then sending an ACARS saying due to systems issues you won't be ready to push back for a while. You'll get back to them by tomorrow with an update. Why is it we're the only ones in an airline - an organisation with a schedule-based system of operation - who have to do our jobs properly and on time?

No doubt someone in there was called into the office on a day off and given a warning letter over this. Right?

Schnowzer
3rd Feb 2015, 03:11
Royston, that's a bit harsh.......on Ireland!

olster
3rd Feb 2015, 03:57
Interesting. When I joined I was inducted with 2 colleagues. As we positioned between booths in EGHQ for the next 'meeting' we invariably encouraged ourselves to be on time. Equally invariably our next appointment was delayed due to the late arrival of the representative from whichever department. These pep talks were characterised by veiled and not - so - veiled threats regarding punctuality, on - time performance and the dire consequences potentially awaiting us if we transgressed - warning letters, salary deduction, termination - you know the score. There appeared to be a complete lack of awareness that they, themselves were late, normally clutching blackberries, costa coffees etc. We surmised that the concept of irony and hypocrisy was alien.

alwayzinit
3rd Feb 2015, 08:25
Would the "System Error" perchance be
"Does not compute. Not enough crew to allow min UAE legal leave requirement and fly schedule."

Beep, Beep, Beep , Fuse, Splutter, Auto shutdown................................:ugh:

Kammel
3rd Feb 2015, 08:55
I think that is exactly the problem. Not enough crew to...Most of us will only receive the minimum required leave.

You will get your 30 days and good luck trying to get anything else in 2015/2016

Eau de Boeing
3rd Feb 2015, 11:41
No apparently according to Emu the optimiser is validating to ensure "qwality"
We are expecting to publish tomorrow.

I'll use that excuse for the DARD exam then

RoyalEnfield
4th Feb 2015, 11:01
She says the final round is published but I still can't view it. Is anyone else having the same issue? :ugh:

lospilotos
4th Feb 2015, 11:05
Had the same, Leave Amendment is working now...

RoyalEnfield
4th Feb 2015, 11:06
Aah yes it's working now.

six7driver
4th Feb 2015, 11:14
12 days in a school month next year!!! glad I bothered to bid :mad::mad::mad: time to pack the bags soon and leave this place, they have lost the plot entirely.

donpizmeov
4th Feb 2015, 11:16
Nothing in round 2. Great system.

beeforsalmon
4th Feb 2015, 11:28
1 weeks holiday (off peak) in 2014 and wait 15 months since last leave , a warning to anyone planning to join this mob :=

gardenshed
4th Feb 2015, 11:32
A grand total of 9 days of non peak awarded over TWO periods for the remainder of 2015, with nothing from now until the back end of this year.
With allocated leave in Feb & March of next year and still 21 days left owing.

What a F***k*** joke this place is becoming. :ugh::mad:

bia botal
4th Feb 2015, 11:42
No leave till next jan. Then more a month later, and 9 days still owing. :ugh:

bogeydope
4th Feb 2015, 11:43
18 total days of vacation in 2015!!
Period between last vacation and next vacation will be well over 12 months!!

What a pathetic workplace this has become.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

what_goes_up
4th Feb 2015, 11:44
Nothing in round one. 30 days of assigned leave in round two. Not a single day as requested....

TCU LUX
4th Feb 2015, 11:51
16 months between last leave and next leave.

Emirates is a terrible place to work. For all you considering joining then do yourself a big favour stay well clear :(

mental torture
4th Feb 2015, 11:57
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am not easily incensed by the ramblings of this organisation. There is a limit and after some time here they finally hit it out the park....No leave for a year and a half.. Family, kids...how much of this are we expected to accept? I am now finally in purgatory it's official. I don't make threats because they are pointless, action is after all most important. This is the catalyst for my wife and I, a fundamental change in mindset. We all have to leave the UAE at some point, better on your own terms with your fund in hand. My date is now set. Thank you to the Company for finally pushing me off the fence.

V1cutz
4th Feb 2015, 12:11
Not a single request was honored and only 30 days assigned. Absolute joke.

sluggums
4th Feb 2015, 12:14
The majority of my leave was placed in totally useless parts of the year. This place is becoming a joke:ugh::ugh:

Noleave
4th Feb 2015, 12:17
It's appalling. The fact that they can't afford to give leave to such a large number of people year on year off shows the contempt to which they hold the crew.
This is an airline composed of expats primarily. To deny them the use of their leave even after giving the company 6 different options throughly the primary and secondary bid process is truly a sad state of affairs. It is really a case of management by crisis.
They refuse to change their ways, attrition goes up, the pool dries up, leaving a mess in terms of manning. Rather than acknowledge the problem, eat some humble pie and work things out, they persist in their ways making it worse by the day. They try to fix a self inflicted problem by further aggravating the workforce. Talk about delusional management.
I ask what do they expect from employees if they deny them leave to enjoy with their family, if restrict time off, increase workload. It really is a poisoned environment. Greed has taken the upper hand, and I believe the tipping point has been passed. History teaches us that great cultures failed because of greed and power. It's a pity this company did not heed history's lessons.

pumpkin
4th Feb 2015, 12:25
10 days total leave for 2015, forced leave for 2016- overlapping Jan/Feb so they can be sure to get my maximum hours in for both months, therefore leaving me totally exhausted for my 15 days of forced "leave". 16 days unused/remaining. No leave that coincides with my kid's holidays for at least 15 months, if ever. 13 years here and only 5 peak leaves in the past- despite being assured in my interview I would get peak leave with my family every year- but just not guaranteed which peak leave it would be. Yeah right. My kids don't know who I am. Don't come work at Emirates if you have a family.

palm
4th Feb 2015, 12:26
What a joke....4 days of leaves in 2015 (in a 17 month period starting in 2014) and then suddenly 30 days in the lats 2 month of 2016. How can it be possible?? Well it can if you read the OMA, minimum 30 days between 1 avril and 31 march. I believe they have lost it completely.....
Not a single day with my kids, what a joke

harry the cod
4th Feb 2015, 12:28
Same here, only 30 days in total, which is the minimum, 12 now being added to the 4 that had already been carried over from last year. So the following year will now need the 42 plus 16. How can I expect to take 58 when we're just managing 30? The hole is just getting deeper and deeper. Those that should be digging us out will be long gone in a few years with their fat bonuses. :=

I assume the last eight posters will take a few minutes away from these forums to email their displeasure to those that 'manage' us. Or will the 'what's the point' attitude prevail? They already know they're short but swamping an inbox with a few lines from everyone will do no harm. This IS a contractual issue so don't just bend over and moan for this one.

Harry

flyinthesky
4th Feb 2015, 12:57
30 days in the first round. ZERO in the second. No kids so bid for months that should be unpopular. 21days to carry since we all know that no further leave will now be granted.

I guess option 2 will need to be used more frequently.

They really don't get it. Planes don't fly themselves, they might hate us but unfortunately sharp suits and ties in EGHQ don't move the profit centre. Is there no one in there with any idea of how to build a winning culture.

I was quite positive but I guess they finally managed to get to me.

Perhaps our esteemed management would like to post their leave bids and how successful they were at getting what they wanted.

AlanPardew
4th Feb 2015, 13:01
Agreed, it's become a joke.

I've been given leave in a useless month for me in 2016 to take me up to the minimum 30 days.

Surely now management higher up will have their eyes open to the fact we are desperately short of pilots and it's only getting worse.

T's and C's need to improve quickly or Emirates will be to far down a very slippery slope....

Alan
Crystal Palace

SOPS
4th Feb 2015, 13:27
Does not our contract say 42 leave days a year? Anyway good luck everyone...49 days to go.....

palm
4th Feb 2015, 13:35
A minimum of 30 days annual leave each leave year..( leave year commence on 01 April and ends on 31 march. So theoretically ( worse case scenario) you could be running 30 days of leave only in a 22 month period. Did you ever thing about it.....:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

gl69
4th Feb 2015, 13:58
After giving me 21 days in a month that is no use to me in my primary the company gave me 5 days in another useless month. What am I going to do with 5 days off? I will still work a full 92 hour month so those 5 days besides being useless to me will cause me to get more tired than I would if I didn't have the vacation at all.
To top it all off I still have 106 vacation days that the company can't seem to allocate to me. After being here over 10 years I haven't gotten close to even 30 days a year in vacation days.
It is really going South at Emirates and I have no idea why the company is piling it on in every capacity to us.

maimax
4th Feb 2015, 14:05
33 days of leave for the exercise (so i should be happy?), of which 26 assigned (not happy after all)
1 week of leave in 15 consecutive months...that has to hurt

Sheikh Your Bootie
4th Feb 2015, 14:21
Well I got all my 35 days leave in the first round, pretty much what i bid for. Nothing in the second round. So my carried over total over reaches nearly 20 days... Yet again less that the Contracted leave awarded :ugh::ugh::ugh:

I gave the summer leave some flexibility, not a fixed date bid. This is the 3rd year I got peak summer leave :D Not bragging here, just don't know how I did it.

The wheels are seriously falling off the EK waggon for most, in that the morale reaches yet new lows, and still EK management keep digging.

I have already started looking elsewhere and feelers are going out Habibis.

SyB :zzz:

jack schidt
4th Feb 2015, 14:39
from a distant and now brain washed memory....

The 30 days is UAE leave (law) and it is being applied to most pilots as there is a massive shortage of flight crew. The other 12 days is an excuse or offering for the reason that flight crew do not get the holiday days that are given to people in the offices, this is a bonus to you in the eyes of the Ivory tower, not a right.

I am staggered at the number of people I have spoken to of recent who are on the verge of pulling the ejector seat handle, it's not just rumour anymore but fact. Dilution of experience is the only way to solve the issue of lack of Captains and earlier upgrades, this will be fact shortly.

EMIRATES IS MOVING EVER CLOSER TO ASIA WITH ITS SAFETY STRATEGY AND CULTURE. There might be some free brand advertising on the NEWS before long if the hours increase and other considerations of desperate measures continue.

The really really sad thing is that I think the arrogant attitude from on high is that if there was a hull loss, they could recover from it. With this mighty brand name they will try to blame a poor, fatigued pilot who was overworked and lacking having a humane life. The drive for profit line is not increasing as fast as the risk of a hull loss is going up in my opinion.

As someone said before, this is fast becoming the worst decision I ever made in my career.

J

GoreTex
4th Feb 2015, 14:45
got 42 days, all I wanted, got screwed last year tho

pumpkin
4th Feb 2015, 15:15
Wow summer leave 3 years in a row SYB.. that is awesome. I too did flexible summer bids but didn't matter. I am happy for you (jealous but happy) as in fact, this is the way it should be in normal companies. However, just proves the point that "priority will be given to those who did not get Peak leave the year before"- is just another one of their bull**it lines.

sandman777
4th Feb 2015, 15:27
15 months between leave allocated, last was July 2014 next leave October 2015, and still 46 days leave ballance. What can I say. :ugh::ugh:

EK380
4th Feb 2015, 16:13
No peak leave last year. This year 42 days allocated as requested, including 12 days peak

thatwasclose
5th Feb 2015, 02:39
If anyone has more than two blocks of leave assigned, I am referring to that stupid 5 day blocks etc, it is illegal for an employer to do so in the UAE. Please refer to UAE labour law part 9. Write an email querying it. Probably won't help but if we don't try nothing will happen. Also the OMA states that under exceptional circumstances we will not be granted our full leave entitlement . If you have had less than 42 days more than once in 5 years once again, email asking what the term exceptional means. Also, 30 days is a UAE min, but there are 12 public holidays which we just have off or be paid for ( the very reason that we have 42 days) and also the oddness of our office colleges getting 42 and then 12 public holidays.

For those wanting to come, understand we do not get 42 days leave we get 30 with the hope of a few more. And we have little if no control when we can take them. Query this if you have an interview .

Kammel
5th Feb 2015, 04:13
Extremely disappointing.

As predicted I only got the minimum 30 days and have to carry over upwards of 30 days to 2016/2017.

Tired, I am...

sluggums
5th Feb 2015, 06:20
Is it an Airline or a Salt Mine?

They screw us for the 10 months that they have some form of control, but now it seems they're screwing us for the rest. This is not the first time this has happened to me.

I wonder how many HQ or second floor staff in the training college didn't get their leave, OR HAVE ANY ALLOCATED...yep, thought so...

As usual our T's & C's are eroded by people who are not affected by whatever stupid rule changes are made. It's pathetic.

The Turtle
5th Feb 2015, 07:20
About two years ago I wrote describing a complete screwing I received in my top bid month

I camped out at JA's office waiting to speak to him to vent my frustrations

Many of you flogged me for it.

Tell me boys, isn't it time? If one pilot a day, just one, showed up to discuss these valid concerns, maybe, just maybe, we could see a little change

It's easy for fleet to dismiss our whinging here on the boards. But as a previous manager myself (in a former life), I can tell you that the daily distraction of us can have a positive effect.

I can cite numerous examples of emails from our managers who ask, "we want to hear from you!"

Time to show them. It's easy to dismiss a email. Harder still to dismiss a waiting area full of valid concerns

Just my 2 fils

SOPS
5th Feb 2015, 11:30
In around six weeks Laker, I will answer your question.

AlanPardew
5th Feb 2015, 11:41
Are you leaving SOPS?

You haven't mentioned it much....

Schnowzer
5th Feb 2015, 12:53
He wants to stay really!

drop kick
5th Feb 2015, 13:02
30 days allocated 11 month gap between leave blocks. Not a single days leave peak or non peak that was requested was given. It will make some degree of difference if those effected write to their managers.

For those who are thinking of joining... DON T.

Remember that if you come here and don't like it or find their methods unacceptable leaving is not that simple. It will mean uprooting children from school, wife changes job / resignation , another move probably relocating, plus any debt implications with the UAE ( they may not allow you to leave the country)
There are a lot of extremely unhappy people here who wish they never came, but leaving is not always an option.

Gillegan
5th Feb 2015, 13:38
I left 3 1/2 years ago for the same reasons people are talking about here. I wasn't getting awarded any requested leave. I was then assigned leave in 4 day blocks while 4 days off would "mysteriously" disappear from my roster. At my exit interview with HR, I gave this as the main reason for my leaving, telling them that in my opinion they were "stealing" my leave. The HR minion looked me right in the eye and said, "We know this is a problem. There's nothing we can do about it."

Regarding the so called Labor Law, when pressed, Emirates will tell you that as a government entity, they are under no obligation to comply with UAE Labor Law.

Nikita81
5th Feb 2015, 13:42
Regarding the so called Labor Law, when pressed, Emirates will tell you that as a government entity, they are under no obligation to comply with UAE Labor Law.

I have this in written. In two separate e-mails. Signed by Amanda Maxwell and Michelle Carswell, HR managers in HQ.

120feet
6th Feb 2015, 03:41
Stealing is exactly what is happening. The reason most of you who were not on the 380 got very few days awarded, is EK will do exactly what Gillegan eluded to. You will be forced into the rest of your leave in 4 and 7 day blocks. However, you will still be flying 80-90 hours for that month. In essence EK will have given you leave without losing any productivity. If EK were able to do this for half of your vacation days, they would increase pilot productivity by 6%. This means they will have to hire 250 fewer pilots this year. As Trips is now worthless and it will be very difficult to get days off before or after your short vacation, the leave simply becomes days off not vacation. Stealing crew vacation has been going on for years at EK it has just never been this wide spread. In the US as a new hire you gets two weeks but can usually staple 3-4 days onto either side. So basically a two week vacation becomes a month worth of vacation when taken a week at a time. So 2 weeks becomes much more useful as vacation than your 42 days. I am convinced you will get a profit share check this year, but remember they are just redistributing what they taken.

allaru
6th Feb 2015, 04:15
"Stealing is the correct term here."

Finally people are waking up....and yes its been going on for years, and yes all of the points you made are absolutely correct

thatwasclose
6th Feb 2015, 07:12
Regarding UAE labour law. Actually says in the OMA regarding leave....under UAE labour law. Just like when online, someone says something does not make it true, must be backed up by documents .

Kapitanleutnant
6th Feb 2015, 07:22
Gillegan…

I recall one evening at a large dinner gathering at a well known pub on SZR some 4-5 years ago… I was sitting right across from you and you said to the table, "Guys, the wheels are falling off this place".

That was 3 and a half years ago!!! How RIGHT you were!!!

I certainly thought it couldn't get much worse at that point but wow, was I wrong… Ten fold!

Kap