PDA

View Full Version : Pre- type rating test in Amsterdam. Who knows?

Lan_Morehell
27th Jan 2015, 16:51
Hi! I was told by a career that is going to hire me that the type- rating for 737 will take place in Amstedam. And something surprising: that Amsterdam gives individual access to some kind of testing that is to determine whether you are able to finish this course. Something related to the precision of movement, mental skills, memory skills etc.

I cannot find Anything about it anywhere. Does anybody know what could it be and what king of questions/tasks it includes?

Thanks!

Lew747
27th Jan 2015, 17:19
Could be EPST?

Lan_Morehell
27th Jan 2015, 17:31
Hm. What is EPST test?

appfo09
27th Jan 2015, 17:46
Lan, have a look at Skytest and COMPASS test. Try and google it!

COMPASS test is used by EPST. EPST is a TRTO and flying school based in Netherlands.

Perhaps you could also tell us specifically for which Type Rating Organization or company you are talking about. Then we may be able to help you more !

J74
27th Jan 2015, 21:45
EPST is a TRTO and flying school based in Netherlands.
you're right, by the way the EPST is a name of a series of test, for many companies , experience and not experience pilot are the same and they have to sit the full test approx. 5 hours composed of: COMPASS AND ADAVANCED COMPASS.
They are pretty much the same stuff but the first have more joistik and pedals work to do, to test your spatial coordination, multitask skills ect.
The results is pretty much fast, after 5 minutes you have your score.
If I remember for the Compass the minimum pass is to obtain a score of 24 while for the advanced compass test the minimum is 28.
You wil find some phisical and Atpl multiple choice as well.
As someone wrote here, look Compass Test Preparation Software for Pilots-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/site/mypage/id/gamelist.html)
they have simile stuff.
Pay attention on ADF test, sometimes very tricky! practice!

Lan_Morehell
29th Jan 2015, 11:42
Thank you! I'll review Compass test. By the way, it seems to be possible to find some similar games for ipad in order to train :)

This is most probably will be the CAE center. As it's the only one accepted by our government