PDA

View Full Version : hiring or group shares in and around Aberdeen

davew1
25th Jan 2015, 19:37
Hi all,

Having very recently passed my skills test, I'm looking for some where close to Aberdeen to hire, or possibly a group share. The only places I've found with hires available are Dundee, Cabro and Longside.

Do any of you guys out there know of any where else Or other options?

I'm keen to keep flying and current and would welcome any ideas or suggestions.

Atb

ABZ777
25th Jan 2015, 22:52
Congratulations on passing the skill test :) Not sure where you learned to fly, but I currently hire from Cabro and couldn't recommend them enough, if you don't already fly from there already.

The aircraft are all very well maintained and looked after. The set up a Cabro is as close to having a share in an aircraft as you can get without actually having a share and associated costs. I've always found the pricing structure to be reasonable as well (airborne time + 5 minute taxi) which keeps the cost low whilst flying from a busy controlled airfield.

If you would like any further information feel free to send me a PM!

dont overfil
26th Jan 2015, 15:39
I agree with ABZ777 but there are alternatives.

There are two group C172s and a TB20 at Aberdeen airport and I am sure the Cabro guys can point you in the right direction about them. There may also be a C182.

There is also a C172 based at Insch but winter ops could be limiting. Ken Wood is your contact there.

davew1
26th Jan 2015, 16:09
Thanks for the replies guys

Cheers

p1andy
26th Jan 2015, 18:10
As above, there is a couple of syndicates at Aberdeen. I'm in a C172 group there and I'm sure there would potentially be a shareholder who is willing to sell up. PM me for details if you wish.