PDA

View Full Version : Cup half full

Cloud Basher
23rd Jan 2015, 05:13
I am sick and tired of all the doom and gloom surrounding GA in Australia. So I have made a New Years resolution to actively throw off my concerns on GA in this country and simply make it my mission this year to get more involved in Aviation and to introduce as many people as possible to Aviation this year.

I have already started this. You may have noticed my thread I just posted asking for Australia's most scenic airfields and another one asking about MAS and AirAsia cadet schemes. Both as a result of me taking an interest in someone else asking about aviation and myself actively trying to present them with the info to get those people into or back into aviation.

Yep our Engineers might be old, our aircraft older, fuel expensive, CASA sucking the life out of us, but I figure I can sit here and vent which achieves exactly nothing except raise my blood pressure for my next medical or I can simply put all of that out of my mind, and just act within my sphere of influence and try and get more people involved in aviation.

I have lofty goals of making sure everyone around me knows I am a GA pilot. I am going to reignite that passion in those who say "I have always wanted to fly but..." and invite them all to go flying. I am going to challenge those who say "I would never go up in a small aircraft because..." to face their fears. I figure if I can take 26 people flying and 2 of those actually sign up for lessons (optimistic I know!) then I will have had a good year. Previously the most I have been able to take for a fly in a year has been 13. My goal is to double it. But where I think I failed previously is I never followed up with those people. I am going to badger them until they either fly again or tell me to bugger off! Cunning plan I know!

Wish me luck.

Cheers
CB

Pastor of Muppets
23rd Jan 2015, 08:14
Jeez and I thought losing weight in the new year was unrealistic!

mcgrath50
23rd Jan 2015, 08:27
I have lofty goals of making sure everyone around me knows I am a GA pilot.

Ah I met quite a few people like that at the Roey when I was working in Broome. :E

BlatantLiar
23rd Jan 2015, 09:07
MAS and AirAsia cadet schemes

How is that relevant?

Cloud Basher
23rd Jan 2015, 09:30
Quote:
MAS and AirAsia cadet schemes

How is that relevant?

Helping a neighbours kid.

Post is here
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/554971-malaysian-airlines-air-asia-cadet-schemes.html

But no useful info as yet...

Cheers
CB

Fred Gassit
23rd Jan 2015, 11:18
Fly the flag by all means but you're pumping a dry well here.

This place feeds off doom and gloom!