PDA

View Full Version : EK bid seniority for February

Dropp the Pilot
22nd Jan 2015, 08:12
The CRS home page says that the bid order is "2,3,4,5.1".

My towering mathemical abilities enable me to construe that group 4 is in the middle, but is group 1 at the top or the bottom of the pile?

motley flight crue
22nd Jan 2015, 08:16
2 is top bit in February.

JAARule
22nd Jan 2015, 11:23
Wait until the roster comes out - if you got nothing you bid for, it means you're in the top month. Easy.

flyaway777
22nd Jan 2015, 13:12
Clearly I was expecting too much to think they might release the rosters today with it being a Thursday and the 22nd of the month. Nothing until Sunday 25th now.

I guess it takes some time to get those manual insertions just right when you're short of crew :hmm:

Al Murdoch
22nd Jan 2015, 13:18
When should it be published?

flyaway777
22nd Jan 2015, 13:43
I think its a minimum of 7 days prior to the 1st of the month. So of course the 25th is fine in this case but it wouldn't have been that difficult for them to sort it out by today rather than keeping us waiting around until Sunday evening. Meanwhile, most of the cabin crew got theirs days ago.

OnceBitten
22nd Jan 2015, 15:43
I think they only get Friday off so should be saturday.

Desert Camel
22nd Jan 2015, 15:52
31 day month, roster comes out on the 24th. No big mystery there!

theidler
22nd Jan 2015, 16:08
I think its a minimum of 7 days prior to the 1st of the month. So of course the 25th is fine in this case...

It was written that the roster should be visible by 7 days before the end of the month, so my take is that the usual late afternoon or in fact anytime after 0001 on the 25th would be less than 7 days and would not meet this clause and would not be fine. Based on past performance next months roster would have been visible today as I have never known it to come out on a Friday or a Saturday. Even though it's only a should to my best recollection they have never been later than a full 7 days. But I think they might be this month.

There was a time when the rosters would come out at least 10 days before the end of the month and often more than that. Like so many things what started as a limit has become a target.

But it might now be worse than this as I can no longer find the reference to 7 days. I would really like to be wrong with this but the only reference I can find is a mention that the schedule will be prepared 'sufficiently in advance'.

So we should have it by midday on the 31st.

%#*k.

flyaway777
22nd Jan 2015, 16:53
31 day month, roster comes out on the 24th. No big mystery there!

But with the 24th being a Saturday I don't see that happening! Thats why I thought it would come out today as its never been later than the 24th in my time here and I've never seen it published on a Saturday.

Either way, why don't they do the decent thing and publish it a bit earlier rather than leaving it to the last minute all the time? Answers on a postcard.

Capn Rex Havoc
24th Jan 2015, 09:21
Flyaway- rosters are out. On a saturday even. :)

White Knight
24th Jan 2015, 09:49
Flyaway777. I've seen the rosters out on a Saturday many times... Today is no exception!

tom330
5th Feb 2015, 11:41
I got TRV, COK, Ahmedabad, Sialkot :ugh: