PDA

View Full Version : R44 North West England

Baldegret
21st Jan 2015, 12:12
I imagine those who knew him will be aware that Phil Durkin passed away unexpectedly at the end of last year. A decent and generous guy who will be missed by many, both in the aviation community and elsewhere I am sure.

I have used Phil's R44s on a SFH basis for many years and I imagine there will be others like me who are wondering what their best options for SFH in or around the Blackpool area are now. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and ideas. Are there any other operators or individuals who offer SFH in the north-west? Has anyone considered - or would they consider - forming a group to purchase and share a R44. Any other ideas? Feel free to post here or PM me.

Peter-RB
21st Jan 2015, 15:03
How sad,
I too SFH'd his Zulu Golf Oscar many times during 2000/2001, was indeed a nice chap.

Peter R-B

stringfellow
21st Jan 2015, 19:54
I had many a conversation with fellow aviators about what a gent phil was. I had a few hours on his machine going back years and years, and last year i rang him to fly the hours off.... i suggested i pay a fuel surcharge as fuel has obviously gone up since i bought the hours... phil was having none of it.

He was often a bit sharp and misunderstood, but a really generous guy.

On the subject of groups i am now in a hughes 500 syndicate at barton that works really well. There are a good few 44s based down there too.

JonSeedle
3rd Mar 2015, 11:39
I have a R44 RII available for SFH at Blackpool. 01253 298802

ROTORVATION
3rd Mar 2015, 19:30
Yes, Jon has a lovely R44' recently refurbed.

We do all miss Phil, he made sure he looked after my wife and I, and for that I'm appreciative.

Jon can also sort all LPC's that are needed.

KR

muffin
4th Mar 2015, 07:46
We are in process of putting together an R44 syndicate based at Tatenhill if thats not too far South.

Phugoid Phlue
4th Mar 2015, 09:56
Sorry to hear of Phil's passing - he was indeed a true gent. We used DYCE for a couple of years and he was always very accommodating.