PDA

View Full Version : RIAT SuperEarlyBird Tickets from £26

golamv
20th Jan 2015, 09:11
Posted by "nickkelley" on the hotukdeals.com website.

Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises - Tickets and Upgrades (http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/visiting/airshow-tickets)

The ticket prices for the RIAT are due to increase by £10 per person at the end of next week. The theme for this year is "Securing the Skies, Past, Present and Future", and there will be a special 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain 4 hour flying display and static aircraft on the Friday.

1 Day Ticket (Super Earlybird prices)
Friday £26, all children under 16 free
Saturday / Sunday £36, all children under 16 free

2 Day Ticket (Super Earlybird prices)
Friday 17 + Saturday 18 July - £52, All children under 16 free
Friday 17 + Sunday 18 July - £52, All children under 16 free
Saturday 18 + Sunday 19 July - £62, All children under 16 free

3 Day Ticket (Super Earlybird prices)
Friday, Saturday and Sunday - £83.

This year they have a park and ride for £2 per person with express admission (may be worth getting as the entry queues can be large): Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises - Combined Admission and Shuttle Bus (http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/visiting/airshow-tickets/combined-admission-and-shuttle-bus)

"Friday 17 July will be the focus for our official commemorations marking the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain. Attendance on Friday will include exclusive 'pit' access to operational aircraft, their crews and engineers; this will not be available on Saturday and Sunday.

On Friday there will be a four hour flying display with the debut of a special mass flypast of historic aircraft. The Vintage Village will take on the 'Battle of Britain' theme and will be expanded to include additional static aircraft, re-enactors and a number of other 'Friday only' features.

Improvements for 2015 include opening the showground from 7.30am, entry from the Green Car Parks through the Green Entry Point with upgraded and additional buses dropping you at the nearest accessible point on the showground (approx. 2 minute journey), additional aircraft in the 'Pit Area', more of the showground open as well as the Viewing Village Grandstand for that bird's eye view!"

chopper2004
20th Jan 2015, 09:44
Same as last year, Reds special on the Friday....good to get in the 'pit' and see all Trecce Fricoleri, Patrouille de Suisse and Reds, downside was that the rest of the static display was off limits, as a/c still arriving.

Was in the Pimms tent the next day, drinking a pitcher and enjoying the good food and take off pattern but never quite made it to see the rest of the static display....:\

TBH, am hoping for a return of more US mil stuff this year I hope...

RIAT unfortunately has kind of gone downhill with variety, and themes....yes I know it cannot be helped what with the invited countries do not respond or decline (everywhere on the planet bar NK, Afghanistan, Iran or Iraq) but every year one can predict who is bringing what as it has been pretty much the same for the last 10 years.

2012 was a good year cos of the B-2 appearance MV-22B pair and flying display albeit it was not as half as good as Farnborough the next day....

I used to wake up in the wee hours much to my other half's disgruntlement about being woken up early, to go x country and attend RIAT, buy a ticket at gate or dump my chariot in Swindon and pay for entry ticket and return bus fare on the courtesy bus. No more sadly with the need to buy tickets in advance before they sell out.

Cheers