PDA

View Full Version : NPPL to LAPL conversion deadline confusion

Zaphod the 0th
19th Jan 2015, 19:31
I've currently got an NPPL SSEA and am confused as to when the deadline for latest conversion to LAPL is. The National Private Pilots website says its been amended to April 2018, but the CAA website still says April 2015. I also can't find any relevant INs on the CAA website.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks.

ifitaintboeing
19th Jan 2015, 19:38
The NPPL website is correct. ;)

Information Notice 2014-188.

ifitaint...

Zaphod the 0th
19th Jan 2015, 19:53
Thanks for the reply. The "Expected" in the title ('Summary of the Proposed Amendment to the Aircrew Regulation that Is Expected to Come into Force on 8 April 2015') is rather concerning - could they backtrack between now and April?

I assume I can continue to fly under an NPPL medical too, until 2018?

ifitaintboeing
20th Jan 2015, 16:49
The NPPL will continue to exist beyond April 2018, so for those depending on a NPPL: don't worry. The NPPL and it's privileges are embedded within Schedule 7 of the Air Navigation Order, CAP 393. EASA limit the privileges of national licences to non-EASA aircraft after 07th April 2018.

A NPPL Medical Declaration, EASA LAPL medical, EASA Class Two, or Class One medical can be used to validate a NPPL.

I could explain what the 'expected' in the Information Notice was all about but there is no point now since there will be no change between now and April.

ifitaint...