PDA

View Full Version : Lower Oil Prices Can Help Airlines Post “Unprecedented Profits” – Emirates Head

helen-damnation
18th Jan 2015, 18:18
Lower Oil Prices Can Help Airlines Post ?Unprecedented Profits? ? Emirates Head - Gulf Business (http://gulfbusiness.com/2015/01/airlines-can-post-unprecedented-profits-oil-prices-stay-low-emirates-head/#.VLwGY4HXeK0)

I look forward to my unprecedented profit share :ok:

InnocentBystander
19th Jan 2015, 04:21
I look forward to my unprecedented profit share

Remember, he predicted these for 2015. The 2015/16 profit share target will be adjusted accordingly.

You can rest assured that Dubai Inc. is not going to let any profit payments escape from their greedy hands. We're pretty much the only significant source of income for them anyway.

The Turtle
19th Jan 2015, 06:01
A bit of a dilemma this year for Emirates.

In years where other airlines struggled to post any profits, and Emirates post record numbers due to their self-described "efficiencies".... What will they say this year if the numbers come back very good, but not double all the others...?

If I was a European airline ceo especially, and I announced a large profit due mostly to fuel price savings, yet EK does not..... Well, it proves my argument that dubai always enjoyed a subsidized fuel advantage..... Does it not?

So what is more important to STC? Save face after years and years of "Emirates just does it better".... Or deliver the profit we all worked so very hard for?

falconeasydriver
19th Jan 2015, 09:31
No no no, its the ruble and the kiwi dollar that has ruined any chance of a profit this year, you see we buy everything in these two currencies....and there has also been sunspot activity recently, along with IT issues....:hmm:

Dropp the Pilot
19th Jan 2015, 10:09
So here we have a hand-wringing missive telling us that times are hard due to a strong dollar. I am far too languid to do the search but I am pretty sure that if you trawl the archives you will find a hand-wringing missive from a decade ago telling us that times are hard due to the weakness of the dollar....

glofish
19th Jan 2015, 13:30
EK's gurus are so trapped in self admiration, just listen to TC on the IFE or read his published esteem of all other airline managers, that they have detached themselves from reality.

TC's contribution on the portal is a satyrical testimony. A quote:

Two key sentiments shone through: you care deeply about our business and you are extremely proud of our brand

These things happen if you create an exclusive entourage that will feed you exclusively with your own wishful thinking. I guess the only letters or mails TC receives on his desk are the ones of all the sycophants of level 3+ in the pink palace.

Why does this ring some North Korean or Russian bells ...... ?

Forget about anything more than the despicable 3 weeks and 0.5% we received last year.

BobDole
19th Jan 2015, 14:00
Don't forget about that extra 3% you ungrateful minion! :} :ok:

nakbin330
19th Jan 2015, 14:39
You're kidding right?

helen-damnation
19th Jan 2015, 14:45
It's ok. He's one of "them" and doesn't get irony :sad: