PDA

View Full Version : Fly for free?

atr42guy
15th Jan 2015, 22:15
This is becoming such a typical thing now, and I'm sure has been covered elsewhere. Following is my reply today to another pilot offering to fly for free.

xxxx, we ensure that we employ people who meet the requirements and pay appropriately. If we were to employ persons for free that are unqualified this would be detrimental to our passengers safety and also makes it difficult for appropriately qualified pilots to fly and earn a living. Think of this when you become experienced and someone takes your job because they are willing to work for free, and think of how this will affect you.

You should never offer to work for free. Keeping this in mind, we are not interested in pilots who think they can shortcut the requirements to fly by effectively offering the company a 'bribe' by flying for free.

Do not apply for a position with our airline again.

HardCorePawn
15th Jan 2015, 22:56
Good to know there are still operators who still value flight crew and are not trying to treat them as a revenue stream... You are to be commended sir. :ok:

Sad that there are so many aviators who don't value themselves or their fellow aviators persisting with this fly for free or, even worse, "P2F" nonsense... :ugh:

P40Warhawk
15th Jan 2015, 23:26
AMEN.

It is sick. As I said in other threads. Even slaves did it better. At least they did not had to pay to work for their masters.

drsd
16th Jan 2015, 15:52
P40 --> And they got (some) food and shelter