PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a job for a Caravan ?

Gunship
4th Jun 2002, 01:08
Hi all,

Does anybody know about a job for a Caravan (long term and lotsa hours recommended) but will take anything actually as it is standing ..... waiting and the bankmanager is phoning ... :o

Anywhere in Africa :confused:

Cheers

Vlamgat
4th Jun 2002, 09:02
Oom Gunship!!

I have work for it!! Between 30-70 hours a month, I will keep it very very busy!!

You know where to find me

Cheers!!

the wizard of auz
5th Jun 2002, 00:13
And if you need someone to drive it guns, I'm ya man.:D

Gunship
5th Jun 2002, 05:13
Thanks for the reply Vlamgat,

Our tel conv refers : It seems that there are a lot of work for especially a Grand Caravan with a pod on (as is this one that is available).

In the mean time I had another tel offer for it in West Africa for 30 to 50 hours.

I do not wanna sound greedy man but I wish to run it at a minimum of a 100 hours a month.

Any comments and or suggestions.

I got a ball park figure of $350 an hour dry ... what do pilots on fixed wings get paid and what does the fuel work out per hour ?

Any help will be appreciated.:confused:

Cheers,

Gunship
5th Jun 2002, 05:19
Wiz of OZZZ,

Will keep you posted ... no promises but it might be work for two and drivers for two. :D

Cheers,

B Sousa
5th Jun 2002, 06:17
Guns, how much are you flying now, Im flying part time and get 50 plus hours a month, the full time guys get at least 90-100. I find it hard to believe that folks cant get over 100 hours a month on a good airplane, even in Africa.. We're putting 6-8 hours a day on our A-Stars seven days a week and we are slow until July.
You need some contacts my friend, drop me an email, and We shall see...

Snoop
5th Jun 2002, 19:44
Guns,

If you do need guys, please drop me a line. Been trying to get some work flying a caravan in the south, but so far it has come to nothing.

cheers

Gunship
9th Jun 2002, 07:44
Lo All,

While VLAMGAT is still hunting in the Limpopo province ... let me ask a few questions ?

What will a pilot flying command of a Caravan be paid per month flying 50 to 100 hours? :confused:

What is the fuel consumtion of a Caravan per hour ? :eek:

What is the average fuel cost for JET A1 ? :(

What is the going rate for a Grand Caravan with a cargo pod ?

Your help will be appreciated !

Bert I have not flown since my accident on 19 Oct last year. Still waiting for spares for the remaining ship. I am doing this Caravan deal for a very good friend.

All the best !

Gunship
9th Jun 2002, 18:51
Lo All,

Thanks for your e-mail : Trevor Davids, Skaz, Vlamgat, 4 granted, Africam, Flying Bean and masseygrad.

Sorry I did not reply earlier - I could not log on for days on end and when I could (tonight) I see we are blacklisted due to our ISP envolved in assisting 419 .... mmmhhh Nigerians again Bruce.

I have send each of you personalised mail - please tell me via this means if you did not receive it.

All the best,

Bafanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .... Bokkkkeeeeeee ......