PDA

View Full Version : Assistance please fellow ppruners

its the bish
13th Jan 2015, 10:17
Good morning all, I wonder if any ppruners could help out? Sadly, my dear father Norman Rigler of Bournemouth passed away peacefully at home in Northbourne Bournemouth on Sunday morning, aged 84. It has been left to me to inform some of his friends for whom I do not have contact details. He was a supporter of the Bournemouth Aviation Museum, and amongst people he came into contact with were Cyril Carr, believed to live in Corfe Castle Dorset and Brian Grant from the Sea Vixen project, and many others who I am afraid I have no names for, including anyone he may have worked with at Flight Refuelling Ltd at Tarrant Rushden, Air Safaries and Airwork Services at Hurn. The funeral will take place at the larger of the two chapels at Bournemouth crematorium at 15.30 on Monday 19th January, at his request, dress, some black, but with a splash of colour, family flowers only, but donations to the Jon Egging Trust welcome. Please feel free to P.M. me for any further information. Thanking you all, Alan Rigler.

PPRuNeUser0139
13th Jan 2015, 11:36
Alan, see your PMs.

Rossian
13th Jan 2015, 13:20
....a more productive response if you posted your request in the History and Nostalgia and the Where are they now? forums on this same page.

The Ancient Mariner

josephfeatherweight
13th Jan 2015, 13:28
Condolences to you and your family.

jonw66
13th Jan 2015, 13:59
Alan
Heartfelt condolences Nutloose has linked this on the Key Publishing historic forum you may find more responses there
Best
Jon

its the bish
15th Jan 2015, 15:21
Thanks for all your help and condolences, especially to Brian k and sidevalve, I do hope anyone who knew Norman can attend on Monday and make themselves known to me. I might just mention that he was a very skilful modeller, one of his finest achievements being an 8ft wingspan Horsa glider which is on display at the AAC museum at Middle Wallop built to honour those who flew out of Tarrant Rushden on the Pegasus bridge mission. I hope it will remain there for many a year as a fitting tribute to him. Thanks again Alan Rigler