PDA

View Full Version : Schools in California

Janna_d
11th Jan 2015, 11:47
Hello, guys!:)
i am new here..
I m going to start my Professional Pilot Training in US, considering Florida Flyers, or Aviator college. Have anyone heard about those schools or had an expirience to get trained there?

sspencer1248
11th Jan 2015, 13:59
Starting at California Flight Academy in 2/3 weeks according to students and reviews it's a great academy

Janna_d
14th Jan 2015, 11:08
do you know whether they acccept international students as a flight instructor after course completion?

turbopropulsion
15th Jan 2015, 23:04
Short answer- No.

Schools will promise this on an F1 visa under OPT (optional practical training). They will sell it to you like this, complete the full CPL + instructor package with us ($60k min) and if you meet the necessary requirements and providing there is need for you, you can work for us as a CFI.

Two very big assumptions, one you take to flying very well, pass all your exams early and display an overall exceptional attitude and two they don't have enough instructors to meet the demands of students.

I suspect you will not fulfill both of these requirements.

Gomrath
25th Jan 2015, 19:07
No school will take on every single student after completion of training. Any who are offered Optional Practical Training will spend a lot of time hanging around doing very little and not getting paid anything.
During which time you have to pay your own way in terms of living expenses, medical coverage, and general living expenses etc.

That is the reality.
There are way too many US citizen instructors capable of doing the job without all the hassle.