PDA

View Full Version : Prince William wore bikini, Court told.

Hangarshuffle
9th Jan 2015, 17:44
But thankfully to spare the RAFs blushes, he was in the Army at the time.
Photo of Prince William in bikini at party leaked to Sun by Sandhurst instructor, court told | UK news | The Guardian (http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/08/prince-william-bikini-sun-sandhurst)

A court case has begun involving allegations of bribes or bungs or payments by journalists to members of HM forces or MOD officials leading to information about members of the Royal Family that they could then put in the smutty papers and more and more....

Sad As F.
I always hated and despised the Sun and I still do, but they didn't half seem to be in the good books for a long time with MOD, given the access they seemed to get, as I recall.
Question. Why did HRH start at Sandhurst when he was in the RAF, I didn't care then but am intrigued now-did he cross over?

Roland Pulfrew
9th Jan 2015, 18:47
Why did HRH start at Sandhurst when he was in the RAF, I didn't care then but am intrigued now-did he cross over? Because he joined the army and was commissioned into the Guards(?). When he did some famil visits with the other Forces, to prepare him for his future role as King, he saw the light and realised being a pilot was a top job! :ok:

Fox3WheresMyBanana
9th Jan 2015, 18:56
As Harry showed, pilots don't have to wear anything at parties!

Courtney Mil
9th Jan 2015, 19:04
Lovely, cheap sensationalism. Bravo to all that bite on that hook.

Look what's happening in the world. This is news?

TheWizard
9th Jan 2015, 19:06
Remind me again who it is who funds and organises 'The Millies"? :rolleyes::hmm:

Courtney Mil
9th Jan 2015, 19:14
Oh, you bit too, eh?

TheWizard
9th Jan 2015, 19:20
Oh, you bit too, eh?
Ditto :ok:

Whenurhappy
9th Jan 2015, 21:39
This story might have a comedy aspect to it if it wasn't fundamentally about the loss of trust amongst fellow service personnel and supporting civil servants.

I think what should be of interest to a number of posters here is the case surrounding Mrs Bettina Jordan-Barber, cited as a defendent in this same trial, who is accused of accepting payments of c £100,000 whilst working as a senior civil servant in the MOD. She was also Sir Glen Torpy's POLAD for a while; stories linked to her alleged disclosures ruined at least one senior RAF officer's career because of false accusations made against him at the highest levels within the 5th Floor of the MOD.

I am also conscious that this case is sub judicae.

Courtney Mil
9th Jan 2015, 21:55
You're right, WUH. It is still just a story. Hey, I'm not siding with anyone here, but right now this is a load of media hoop.

Make all the judgements you like based on feeling or press snippets. Just remember what you're basing them on and what that makes them worth though.

Whenurhappy
9th Jan 2015, 22:06
CM,

I'm not sure what you mean. Mrs Jordan-Barber, a defendant in the same trial, is accused of accepting c £100,000 for stories whilst she was working in as a senior civil servant in Main Building.

She was also cited in the Brookes/Coulson trial. Oh, and her husband (a Maj) was also DS at Sandhurst when the Princes went through. This is all a matter of public record - and as I say, being cognisant that nothing should be posted that could jeopardise the trial.

Courtney Mil
9th Jan 2015, 22:36
Yes, you are absolutely right. All I'm thinking is that everything else in this case is simply accusation, maybe speculation, maybe other things. My thoughts are that it's way too early to start drawing conclusions. And I'm referring more to earlier posts than to yours.

NutLoose
9th Jan 2015, 23:31
Quote:
Why did HRH start at Sandhurst when he was in the RAF, I didn't care then but am intrigued now-did he cross over?

Well he was already cross dressing..

Al R
10th Jan 2015, 07:07
If he had joined the Marines and didn't don bra and lacy shreddies - that might have been a newsworthy story.

Gnd
10th Jan 2015, 09:45
you're all just jealous that he has the flare to dress that way!!!!:p

mad_jock
10th Jan 2015, 10:29
I hope if there are pics of him doing the dance of the flaming arsehole they don't come out.

Nothing to do with him being Aunt Betty's grandson.

More of its not a pretty sight anyone doing it.

Stanwell
10th Jan 2015, 10:48
MJ,
I wondered about that when I read in the previous post..

"..at least he has the FLARE to dress that way."

mad_jock
10th Jan 2015, 10:58
My mate nearly got a CM for the dance.

He also spent 3 days getting third degree burns treated in hospital.

Due to some prick of a guards officer lobbing a glass of whisky into the proceedings.

He was taken off the hook with the CM due mainly to the fact that the Col. was witness to when his wife got her hands on him.

Apparently Military justice couldn't supply a sentence which was harsher to that which he was already subjected to.

4 weeks later he even sent him to Norway to cool things down at home.

henry_crun
10th Jan 2015, 11:53
...Prince William in bikini at fancy dress party...

Corrected it for you :ok:

Heathrow Harry
10th Jan 2015, 15:42
BBC News - Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson buy luxury chalet (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30759303)

Prince Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson have bought a luxury chalet, thought to be worth up to £13m, in the Swiss resort of Verbier.
The chalet was bought by the divorced couple on a joint mortgage.
The Duke and Duchess of York have links with the ski resort going back at least 17 years, when they went there on holiday with their two daughters.
The purchase has been described as a "family investment". Buckingham Palace declined to comment.
The chalet was bought on a joint mortgage for a cost of between £8m and £13m.

..... talk about bad timing............ :(:(

gr4techie
10th Jan 2015, 17:02
£13,000,000 ! I did not know FAA helicopter pilots pay / pension was that good.

Hangarshuffle
10th Jan 2015, 17:11
Like Prince William, think he's a good man really-the day he got married I observed he still remembered to salute as went past the Cenotaph in that little bogey carriage they use. A caring thoughtful person possibly?
But stories like this and the new one about Andrew and the bling new house aren't lost on people, and the Royal Family should be aware people are talking and grumbling about this and well they might. (January, further recession and gloom, Harry Skinters..)
Anyway someone's right that this is Sub Judy Sea, so modders maybe er....be best to delete the thread after all as its gonna drag on and on (the crappy smutty stupid trial).

Fareastdriver
10th Jan 2015, 17:44
be best to delete the thread

DIY Delete your first post.

Basil
11th Jan 2015, 10:31
Another £500 payment was made to Hardy for a story about Prince Harry completing a “fearsome army drill” with a bayonet, jurors were told.
I bet it wasn't as 'fearsome' as an RAF colleague falling off his bunk onto his point-up bayonet which, just missing his eye, left him with an impressive 'duelling scar' across his forehead. :ooh:

Whenurhappy
11th Jan 2015, 10:57
HS:

Like Prince William, think he's a good man really-the day he got married I observed he still remembered to salute as went past the Cenotaph in that little bogey carriage they use. A caring thoughtful person possibly?
But stories like this and the new one about Andrew and the bling new house aren't lost on people, and the Royal Family should be aware people are talking and grumbling about this and well they might. (January, further recession and gloom, Harry Skinters..)
Anyway someone's right that this is Sub Judy Sea, so modders maybe er....be best to delete the thread after all as its gonna drag on and on (the crappy smutty stupid trial).

This story is not about the Royal Family; it is about the alleged loss-of-trust in fellow Service Personnel and Civil Servants who allegedly profited by breaking the law and in the process, ruining others' lives and careers.

Personally, I don't give two hoots to what the Princes did during officer training (good on them!); recently I found photos taken 30 years ago of me and my OCDT mates being very drunk. Thank God these events took place before Face-Book.

But if I found out that someone that I trusted, indeed looked up to, had sold these photographs as part of a salacious story, I'd be rather cross, as are (I believe) some of the other casualties of the alleged behaviour of a senior civil servant who is alleged to have accepted £100,000 in payments from NOTW and other stables.

the crappy smutty stupid trial

This is not about smut; it is about trust - fundamental to the way SP go about their business.

Pontius Navigator
11th Jan 2015, 11:30
WUH, quite right. If it is "newsworthy" then some rat will try and make a penny or more. OK, some events are in public and therefore in cautious, was it the Harrier pilots in Spain?

But others are private with no justification for publication - the Coningsby piano incident being a case in point. Happily the staish went on to become a KCB and AM.

Heathrow Harry
11th Jan 2015, 11:44
"£13,000,000 ! I did not know FAA helicopter pilots pay / pension was that good."

bank of Mum & Dad I guess - after all she has her pic on every £