PDA

View Full Version : Sqn Reform Day - II(AC) & 12(B)

MRAF
9th Jan 2015, 10:46
Notification was given a few months back on II(AC) being disbanded and reformed today from Tonka to Typhoon. I understand this is in progress today with Brass at Marham.

It was also mentioned that 12(B) was reforming today. While I have seen some mention of the II(AC) event, there is little on the 12(B) stand up.

Is this still happening? If so, just in time for some JP to be given a 5 weeks to sort out the 100 year bash (14 Feb).

I also see that XIII Sqn are having the Anniversary do today (a day early I would note!)

It's going to be a busy year with all Sqns up to 31 having the birthday card from Queen Liz.

Davef68
9th Jan 2015, 11:37
So are 12(B) reforming on the Tornados that II(AC) are leaving behind? The 12 (B) disbandment was rather low key as well from what I recall.

As an aside, have nos 1, II and 3 Squadrons ever all been on the same aircraft type at the same time before? Or indeed 1 and II on the same station since 1913?

Archimedes
9th Jan 2015, 12:59
12(B)'s reformation is starting to get some attention as of 15 minutes ago.

First woman to command an RAF fast jet squadron named as Wing Commander Nikki Thomas - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/11335480/First-woman-to-command-an-RAF-fast-jet-squadron-named-as-Wing-Commander-Nikki-Thomas.html)

BEagle
9th Jan 2015, 13:02
I don't know about her being the 'first'? Back in the '70s some sqn bosses were right old women.....:\

Anyway, the very best of luck to Wg Cdr Thomas in her new appointment!