PDA

View Full Version : RAF Mildenhall is definitely closing

chopper2004
8th Jan 2015, 08:39
Just seen this

RAF Mildenhall to close amid other Europe consolidations - Europe - Stripes (http://www.stripes.com/news/europe/raf-mildenhall-to-close-amid-other-europe-consolidations-1.322825)

Hmmmm but better news for Lakenheath dependant on the progress of the F-35 though reading on further looks like the U boats and RC assets will still stay herewhich suggests sunny Lincs.

Cheers

airpolice
8th Jan 2015, 08:48
List of planned changes in Europe:

United Kingdom
Divest RAF Mildenhall:
• Returns the installation and four supported sites to the United Kingdom.
• DOD intends to relocate the operational units at RAF Mildenhall within Europe — the assigned KC-135s and the 352nd Special Operations Wing to Germany and the assigned RC-135s within the U.K. This paves the way for the stationing of two squadrons of F-35s at RAF Lakenheath, starting in 2020.
• Divest RAF Alconbury/RAF Molesworth — Consolidation of missions allows the permanent return of RAF Alconbury, RAF Molesworth and supporting sites to the United Kingdom. The majority of U.S. personnel, and many of the U.S.-funded host nation positions assigned to these bases will be transferred to RAF Croughton.

Germany
• Close Mainz Kastel Station — fully returns the site to Germany.
• Close Barton Barracks — fully returns the site to Germany and relocates the Department of Defense Dependents Schools district office to Sembach.
• Partially close Pulaski Barracks in the Kaiserslautem area — returns part of the site to Germany.
• Close Weilimdorf warehouse site — returns the site to German control.
• Close two Baumholder waterworks — returns control to Germany.
• Relocate HQs DISA-Europe from Stuttgart to Kaiserslautem.
• Close Amelia Earhart Hotel in Wiesbaden.
• Partially close Artillery Kaserne in Garmisch — returns two-thirds of the site to Germany.
• Restructure the Army Air Force Exchange Services bakery and water distribution operations at Grόnstadt.
• Close Husterhφh Kaserne in Pirmasens — returns the site to Germany.
• Relocate mail sorting/distribution from German Aerial Mail Terminal in Frankfurt to Germersheim Army Depot — efficiencies and personnel moves only.
• Create a distribution center of excellence at Germersheim Army Depot.
• Consolidate various communication data centers across EUCOM.
• Close commissaries at Illesheim and Sembach, as well as the four commissaries in Stuttgart at Kelley Barracks, Patch Barracks, Panzer Barracks and Robinson Barracks, once a new replacement store on Panzer is constructed.
• Consolidate Defense Media Activity operations across Europe.
• Consolidate communications, postal services and personnel management that support the U.S. mission to NATO and the U.S. military delegation to the NATO military committee.

Belgium
• Divest leased site in Brussels — Consolidation of U.S. facilities in Brussels to Sterrebeek.

The Netherlands
• Divest Shinnen Emma Mine leased site, Netherlands and consolidate U.S. facilities at Brunssum.

Italy
• Place a portion of the Pisa Ammo Storage Area, near Livorno, into caretaker status.
Partially close Camp Darby near Livorno. Returns about half of the installation to Italy.
Convert the Vicenza Health Center to outpatient and specialty care only.

Portugal
• Streamline operations and property at Lajes Field — Reduces active duty, civilian personnel and contract providers by two-thirds. A number of the buildings at Lajes will also be returned to Portugal.

Bongodog1964
8th Jan 2015, 09:02
Terrible news for Mildenhall, there's not much around there apart from farmland and trees. The local economy will take a big hit. Who has a need for a large military installation in the back end of nowhere ?

Alconbury is a different story, Huntingdon is desperately short of housing and the local economy is booming. The main airfield site at Alconbury is already being redeveloped having been handed back years ago.

Can't see much use for Molesworth unless someone wants some very secure storage. It could provide an alternative site for the firms that have been using Alconbury on a temporary basis for the last 20 years who have got to quit the site.

TOWTEAMBASE
8th Jan 2015, 09:54
I would have thought mildenhall would have ended up like Brize. It's a very busy base, and surely bigger than lakenheath? What a shame

barry lloyd
8th Jan 2015, 11:19
Alconbury is a different story, Huntingdon is desperately short of housing and the local economy is booming. The main airfield site at Alconbury is already being redeveloped having been handed back years ago.
The whole of the area has a desperate need for housing, because of the boom which Cambridgeshire is experiencing. The main runway at Alconbury is currently used by transport companies for storage and distribution (trailers) and new car storage. I was surprised to learn that there is still a US presence there.

Molesworth is close to the A14, which is currently being upgraded. I don't believe in coincidence, so it looks as though some significant plots of land are coming up for redevelopment...

Mildenhall is a surprise. Definitely no more open days, then. In their day they were probably some of the best in the UK, if not further afield.

Near enough for a commute to Cambridge though, which is also desperately short of building land.

Shame they're not getting out of Diego Garcia though. What a great holiday destination that could be!

AnglianAV8R
8th Jan 2015, 11:26
There is a possible outcome that would address the need for housing around Cambridge. Marshall sell the airport for redevelopment and move to Mildenhall. The idea has been mooted before, as was the possibility of a move to Alconbury.

99 Change Hands
8th Jan 2015, 11:41
From a purely selfish point of view it would be nice to get the airspace back.

airsound
8th Jan 2015, 12:29
barry lloydShame they're not getting out of Diego Garcia though. What a great holiday destination that could be! It'd be an even greater home for the Chagossians to return to. They're the ones we evicted, remember?

Melchett01
8th Jan 2015, 12:59
Don't forget that the US aren't the only ones to use Molesworth - NATO has a presence there too. So unless NATO are also relocating (Wyton might be a suitable alternative given the synergies) then there'll have be some form of RAF Molesworth going forward.

AnglianAV8R
8th Jan 2015, 13:13
Isn't Wyton also condemned ?

Melchett01
8th Jan 2015, 13:25
I'd hope not seeing as they've just spent millions moving intelligence and RE units in to the place. It's now less of a flying station and more to do with ops support and critical enabling functions.

Jumping_Jack
8th Jan 2015, 13:26
Wyton has only just had a massive spend and infrastructure upgrade to support the move of int from Brampton. So unlikely to close any time soon......the airfield on the other hand.....

jagnut
8th Jan 2015, 13:38
Cancel the Waddo upgrade and move all it's assets to Mildenhall!

Jumping_Jack
8th Jan 2015, 13:50
.....and the tenants at Scampton, save bunch of money

chopper2004
8th Jan 2015, 15:08
More from the horses mouth

http://www.usafe.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123435798

barry lloyd
8th Jan 2015, 15:25
Airsound:

Yes, fully agreed. One of Britain's more recent colonial cock-ups. The whole thing was/is a scandal, but it's really for another thread, I suppose.

sandiego89
8th Jan 2015, 16:37
Being so close together, seems a "superbase" concept could be used for Mildenhall/Lakenheath? Or do they do something like this already? Yes it looks like Mildenhall will shutter, but Lakenheath will be a plus up. Could they use the housing etc at Mildenhall? Or will this be typical DoD plan to build shiny new stuff like HQ buildings and new housing at Lakenheath, when perfectly good stuff a few miles away is left to rot away....

I get that no one wants to keep two bases fully up and running and pay for two runways, crash trucks, day care centers, bowling alleys, etc and you can't move hangars and runways, it just seems like such a waste when good stuff goes to waste, especially when it it so close together.

Greenbrownvisitor
8th Jan 2015, 17:50
Thoughts on Mildenhall being used as a home for 16 Air Assault?

Having an airmobile force with an airfield would be a shocker.

Bannock
8th Jan 2015, 18:48
Thoughts on Mildenhall being used as a home for 201/120/42 Squadrons?

Hat, Coat..... Taxi !

bobward
8th Jan 2015, 19:51
According to the BBC local news at 1830, Marshall have said they will not be relocating to Mildenhall. The base is set to close in 4 to 5 years. All this is subject to Congressional approval.

Two F35 squadrons will move in to Lakenheath. However, they didn't say if some of the F15's currently there would leave. I'd suggest that the '15C fighters would go and be replaced by the '35's, plus another squadron, making a net 'increase' of one squadron. This would bring the 48FW up to the four squadron establishment it had a few years ago.

I suspect there will be a big surge in double glazing in Brandon, as the F35 is alleged to be a very noisy beast.......

All or part of the units at Alconbury will move to 'a base in Oxfordshire' (Croughton)??

As always, guesses are ten a penny this early on......

Jacks Down
8th Jan 2015, 19:59
Two things which aren't guesses:

1. It won't be left to quietly rot like Watton, Sculthorpe and West Raynham
2. There will be a glut of ex-rental 4 and 5 bedroom houses on the market!

STN Ramp Rat
8th Jan 2015, 20:59
the local MP was on BBC Look East quoting the defence secretary who has apparently said there is no military use for the base.

another forum highlights the fact that the base is likely wired to US voltages and therefore a return to UK use might be an issue

Bigbux
8th Jan 2015, 21:10
another forum highlights the fact that the base is likely wired to US voltages and therefore a return to UK use might be an issue

The pavements are also called "sidewalks", so there is likely to be a huge cost in their conversion. :confused:

airsound
8th Jan 2015, 21:14
bobwardAll or part of the units at Alconbury will move to 'a base in Oxfordshire' (Croughton)?? As always, guesses are ten a penny this early on...... well, if you look at chopper2004's 'horses mouth' (otherwise known as USAFE) you seeAdditionally in the U.K., intelligence and support elements located at RAF Alconbury and RAF Molesworth will consolidate. This will be an investment into a new intelligence complex at RAF Croughton to create efficiencies in operational mission support. This consolidation will result in the divestiture of RAF Molesworth and RAF Alconbury in 2022 and the inactivation of the 501st Combat Support Wing.

It will also result in the projected reduction of approximately 200 military, civilian and local national positions from Alconbury-Molesworth and the relocation of 1,200 personnel to RAF Croughton.
So perhaps a bit better than guesses? And btw, Croughton is in Northamptonshire.

Willard Whyte
8th Jan 2015, 21:26
The pavements are also called "sidewalks", so there is likely to be a huge cost in their conversion.

Not to mention changing the roads from driving on the right to driving on the left.

chopper2004
8th Jan 2015, 21:28
Though unless I am reading too much into the official press releases, a couple of things come to mind (in the vain hope of the end is not quite in sight)

Fairford is not mentioned nor Menwith Hill in any of the closure plans. In spite of the Bloody Hundreth moving completely to Ramstein, there has to be some form or fashion a tanker or two to support activities from the 'Heath. Plus I recalled several times, the Quid tankers being scrambled cos either a flock of Bones or a lone C-17 or C-5 URGENTLY needed top up this side of the Pond (well more near Irish sea) and it will take a tad longer to get the tankers from Germany.

So does anyone here think that when the Heath is the be all and end all of USAFE flight ops in the UK?

The RC-135 are slated to stay within our green shores, so does that mean Waddo becomes an outpost of Nebraska's finest?

Our Rivet Joints will need a boom equipped tanker to support, and was it somewhere I read (on here?) that the take off with full fuel load was ummm interesting from Waddo. But imagine after the runway mod / upgrade it should not be a problem

It will take at least 3/4 years before the 'Hall becomes desolate in the meantime there will be a Presidential Election come 2016 and Obama has already done his two terms already. So in effect the next President could have a different view on this and revoke this decision?

What about GlobalStrike and Dragon Lady dets still in RIAT land?

Cheers

thing
8th Jan 2015, 22:16
that the take off with full fuel load was ummm interesting from Waddo. But imagine after the runway mod / upgrade it should not be a problem

Thought that was one of the main reasons for the upgrade?

NutLoose
9th Jan 2015, 01:22
Two F35 squadrons will move in to Lakenheath. However, they didn't say if some of the F15's currently there would leave. I'd suggest that the '15C fighters would go and be replaced by the '35's, plus another squadron, making a net 'increase' of one squadron. This would bring the 48FW up to the four squadron establishment it had a few years ago.

The F35 will probably just use the place as a holding unit while they move onto their new all singing all dancing Elizabeth class carriers..

:E

salad-dodger
9th Jan 2015, 08:55
Our Rivet Joints will need a boom equipped tanker to support, and was it somewhere I read (on here?) that the take off with full fuel load was ummm interesting from Waddo. But imagine after the runway mod / upgrade it should not be a problem
What makes you think the runway will be longer.........?

S-D

Martin the Martian
9th Jan 2015, 11:44
I'm sure that the 493rd FS is already due to disband, which would leave just the two F-15E squadrons at Lakenheath. I'm willing to put money down that both will 'transition' to F-35As and the F-15 will disappear from UK shores.

bobward
9th Jan 2015, 13:26
Airsound
My apologies for getting my locations askew.

That might be the reason why their Airships turned me down when I applied for navigator many years ago......:8

pr00ne
9th Jan 2015, 15:02
bobward,

You 'applied' for navigator!!?

Didn't think that anybody did that, let alone openly admitted it...

ValMORNA
9th Jan 2015, 20:44
Chopper2004,

Menwith Hill is partially 'crewed' by UK civilians and I can't see the US allowing it to be totally taken over by the UK organisation which oversees such activities.

VM

andrewn
9th Jan 2015, 21:50
The likely future for Mildenhall? I feel an "Enterprise Zone" coming on, which means a mixed use residential and business park. I seriously doubt our Govt put up much opposition to this closure, given the attractiveness of a new overspill for Cambridge / Newmarket.

Lakenheath? Not fully clear yet, but there appears to be a "gap" of 3-4yrs between F-15's departing and F-35A's arriving. Plenty of time for things to settle on the Eastern Front. On that basis I'd be VERY surprised if any Lightning II's ever make it over...

But maybe I'm just a cynic?

ZH875
10th Jan 2015, 15:20
Just use it as a new runway for London. No need to remove villages from the map to serve the southerners.

pr00ne
10th Jan 2015, 15:39
ZH875

Do you know where Mildenhall is? Ever tried to drive there? Ever heard of Stanstead?

ZH875
10th Jan 2015, 16:17
I have heard of London Oxford and London Manston so why not London Mildenhall? Why put more of this country under tarmac when Mildenhall has a runway of decent length?

pr00ne
10th Jan 2015, 16:42
ZH875,

Because that runway is in MILDENHALL!!

GeeRam
10th Jan 2015, 18:28
Just use it as a new runway for London. No need to remove villages from the map to serve the southerners.

Any proposal for how people will get to and from there, given it's, relatively speaking, in the middle of nowhere with naff all public transport links to anywhere else.....:rolleyes:

chopper2004
10th Jan 2015, 18:31
as a local, Mildenhall is difficult to access from anywhere, plus at times, the approach into Runway 06 overshoots Runway 11 at Mildenhall, which would make commercial flights approach and lift off from 29 very interesting..

Btw whats happening with Fairford/Welford ? Is it continue to stay under Croughton's guise....

cheers

GreenKnight121
11th Jan 2015, 00:34

Distance 1-way from RAF Mildenhall, Bury Saint Edmunds, EN IP28 8NG, United Kingdom to London, UK: 129.7 km (80.6 mi) via M11.

Driving time: 1 h 36 min (if traffic allows).

Stendec5
11th Jan 2015, 00:44
GOOD RIDDANCE.

Now for Lakenheath (before the "F.35" Turkeys arrive) and lets have Menworth Hill and Feltwell trashed also.
In fact, lets gets back to when we ruled our OWN country before Mr (half Yankee) Churchill slithered UNELECTED by the British electorate into office and promptly betrayed all our military secrets to those he regarded higher than his own countrymen...YANKS.
Hopefully this post won't be "withheld" like my last post...democracy???

The Old Fat One
11th Jan 2015, 09:29
^^

Democracy has been achieved through the sacrifice and blood of millions of people...many of them American, quite a few of whom departed bravely, and for the last time, from these very shores.

Banning trolls is not a restraint of free speech, merely a trivial operational necessity of running a thoughtful, useful, and well-ordered internet forum and it is rightly in the gift of the Moderator.

Let's hope one happens by shortly.

drustsonoferp
11th Jan 2015, 09:48
No mention of Chievres - SACEUR managed to keep open an otherwise empty station for his personal taxi service then.

Bongodog1964
11th Jan 2015, 21:51
Distance 1-way from RAF Mildenhall, Bury Saint Edmunds, EN IP28 8NG, United Kingdom to London, UK: 129.7 km (80.6 mi) via M11.

Driving time: 1 h 36 min (if traffic allows).

I live a few miles closer to London than Mildenhall on the opposite side of Cambridge. 1hr 36 is a pipe dream. You might just reach the bottom of the M11 from Mildenhall in about 1hr 10 mins. Allow another hour minimum to the centre of London. The big moan about Stansted is that its too far out of London. Mildenhall is about 40 miles further on.

airpolice
11th Jan 2015, 21:56
Stendec5 needs to understand that this is a military forum, and the military are here to protect democracy, not to practice it,

Roadster280
12th Jan 2015, 02:38
GOOD RIDDANCE.

Now for Lakenheath (before the "F.35" Turkeys arrive) and lets have Menworth Hill and Feltwell trashed also.
In fact, lets gets back to when we ruled our OWN country before Mr (half Yankee) Churchill slithered UNELECTED by the British electorate into office and promptly betrayed all our military secrets to those he regarded higher than his own countrymen...YANKS.
Hopefully this post won't be "withheld" like my last post...democracy???

Words fail me.

pr00ne
12th Jan 2015, 15:19
Stendec5,

You are either eleven years old or drunk, which is it?

jonw66
12th Jan 2015, 15:38
I happen to be sat with an eleven year old and she makes a lot more sense than stendec.

Vendee
12th Jan 2015, 17:20
Stendec5 needs to understand that this is a military forum, and the military are here to protect democracy, not to practice it,Utter tosh. This isn't a military forum, rather a forum discussing military aviation. I suspect the vast majority of posters are civilians.

As recent events have illustrated, democracy involves freedom of speech and Stendec5 has the right to express his/her views even if most other posters disagree with those views.

chopper2004
14th Jan 2015, 17:28
Take it quite a few peeps on here have probably used the MAC/AMC terminal with their folks at the 'Hall, does that mean with the impending doom, that
either

1) An existing building at LN will be utilized as a mini AMC terminal for any REACH flights or tans atlantic, trans Med flights for personnel and their dependents

2) A new mini AMC terminal will be constructed?

3) More use of commercial airliners from the major London hubs?

Cheers

Whenurhappy
14th Jan 2015, 18:14
I also note that most of the Artillery Kaserne (Garrison) will close in Garmisch - and along with it the excellent R&R facilities (Edelweiss Lodge, Hauseberg Lodge, camping ground) and also the elementary school, used by the UK SP at nearby Oberammergau. With the loss of an English-language school, the NATO School Oberammergau will become (again) a retirement home for of wee-soaked old officers.

The Old Fat One
14th Jan 2015, 20:54
As recent events have illustrated, democracy involves freedom of speech and Stendec5 has the right to express his/her views even if most other posters disagree with those views.

Correct, and the MODs have the right to ban him if he is guilty of trolling. And if you don't know what trolling is, look it up...google is your friend.

With freedom of speech comes responsibility.

Vendee
15th Jan 2015, 17:09
Correct, and the MODs have the right to ban him if he is guilty of trolling. And if you don't know what trolling is, look it up...google is your friend. With freedom of speech comes responsibility. They didn't ban him or delete the post so your comment is irrelevant. Are you suggesting that his post was not responsible? He seemed to be expressing genuinely held views.

Thanks for your explanation of trolling but as a very early Internet adopter with 24 years on Usenet newsgroups and latterly web forums, I think I know what a troll is.

brokenlink
15th Jan 2015, 18:11
Twas mentioned on the local news a few days ago (I think) by a local MP that the UK SoS was having a re think on not taking Mildenhall on. Details awaited with interest.

Re the "trolling" bit earlier, we are a democracy and whether we like it or not people have free speech, it is a shame that some, in exercising that freedom, have problems stringing a coherent sentence together to make a reasoned argument.

There is plenty of information available as to why the US forces have UK bases, it is historical and available. May I politely suggest that the gentleman reads up on them before launching another diatribe?

sled dog
15th Jan 2015, 18:56
Perhaps Stendec5 is a member of the BNP or the EDL, if they still exist ? However, I agree with the principal of free speech.

Bigbux
18th Jan 2015, 20:21
Vendee

He seemed to be expressing genuinely held views.

No he wasn't. He was trying to be as offensive as possible on a forum where he knew that his rant would hit a nerve.

I'm sure you know that is called "flaming" and internet protocol frowns on it.

Vendee
18th Jan 2015, 20:35
No he wasn't. He was trying to be as offensive as possible on a forum where he knew that his rant would hit a nerve.And you know this..... how exactly?

Navy_Adversary
18th Jan 2015, 22:55
The UK and USA do have a very special relationship in many ways, aircraft wise we already have the C-17, RC135 and F35 pending to name but 3.

Why not expand matters and the UK have some P3s and A-10s of which Uncle Sam has surplus, and we also should have saved our GBPs on the 2 carriers and just hired the USS Carl Vinson or a similar carrier with some Hornets.:D

Once a lot of money was spent on upgrading Mildenhall, and the Ospreys moving in we should have known that closure was just around the corner.

Bigbux
20th Jan 2015, 21:59
And you know this..... how exactly?

I didn't say I know this. But he seems to be trying to be as offensive as possible.

"seeming" to do something appears to be a good enough standard for you, and I'm just expressing MY opinion.

Got a problem with that?

Bigbux
20th Jan 2015, 22:24
Why not expand matters and the UK have some P3s and A-10s of which Uncle Sam has surplus, and we also should have saved our GBPs on the 2 carriers and just hired the USS Carl Vinson or a similar carrier with some Hornets.

The French have got a couple of surplus ships at the moment - what do you reckon we could fly off those?

BenThere
20th Jan 2015, 23:21
I've got so many memories of Mildenhall as a USAF KC-135 crew member who lived and transited there for a cumulative total of about a year of my life, all told.

I passed many memorable nights at the old O club and Galaxy Bar, back in the 70's and 80's when it was just about as much fun as you could find on earth for the likes of me. The C-130 Bravo bar ran after hours, till dawn, until you staggered back to the room to rest for the next day's work.

Sometimes, when Mildenhall was full, you went to Newmarket and woke up with the horses. I thought I knew a little something of horses until I shared a round with some real horse people at Newmarket. What we ultimately had in common was that they and we had to get up at 4 AM and go to work.

But back to Mildenhall. Mickey's T-Bar, the O Club, the thousands of us who passed through there, had our flings, experienced England, and represented America there - all that is precious to me. Long salute to Mildenhall and how we Yanks were treated there.

Vendee
21st Jan 2015, 16:13
I didn't say I know this. But he seems to be trying to be as offensive as possible.

"seeming" to do something appears to be a good enough standard for you, and I'm just expressing MY opinion.

Got a problem with that?Yes, I said he "seemed" to be expressing genuine held views and you stated:- "No he wasn't. He was trying to be as offensive as possible". Quite categorical... no "seems" or "in my opinion" about it. But you have corrected yourself now so that's fine.

Rhino power
21st Jan 2015, 22:29
Vendee, stop being such a bl00dy pedant! Regardless of whether the view was genuinely held or not, it's still ignorant at best!

-RP

Vendee
22nd Jan 2015, 17:11
Vendee, stop being such a bl00dy pedant! Regardless of whether the view was genuinely held or not, it's still ignorant at best!Just because you don't agree with what he said, doesn't make his post ignorant. I'm sure others hold his view but perhaps don't feel they can express it in this forum with its largely right wing over 50's demographic for fear of the aforementioned group calling for posts to be deleted and posters banned.

I'm all in favour of differing views if it promotes a good debate although I do admit the person who made the post in question has been keeping his head down since.

Bigbux
22nd Jan 2015, 21:48
But you have corrected yourself now so that's fine.

Happy for you to have the last point Vendee, it's obviously very important for you.

For the record, I am not questioning Stendec's right tp post, or even be offensive. But choosing to post what he did on this forum was offensive to many, and quite understandably has provoked a reaction.

That's free speech working in both directions and I don't understand why you are so keen to see it restricted by taking on the role of censor. Let the poster answer for his comments - we might get some insight into his motivation.

JAJM
22nd Jan 2015, 22:53
Freedom of speech is a great thing, you can speak your mind and be as offensive as you want (within legal reason) without censorship from the government, however, it doesn't necessarily apply to internet forums as moderators have the right to remove or edit any post which is offensive and is likely to take a thread off-topic as a result of the inevitable abuse the offending member will get back.

Freedom of speech also doesn't mean that the other person can not be offended, it doesn't mean that others can't rip you a new one if you're being an idiot and it certainly doesn't mean that you don't have to take responsibility for your actions.

chopper2004
5th Aug 2015, 13:43
Any more updates on the impending doom? Tis awfully quiet around here - seems to be business as normal -at Alconbury/Molesworth/Mildenhall...

Cheers