PDA

View Full Version : Transferring EASA ME IR to my FAA PPL

hungarian_aviator
5th Jan 2015, 16:28
Good day to you all,

I am looking to transfer the ME and IR ratings from my EASA license (CPL/ME/IR + ATPL credit) to an FAA PPL. I already hold an FAA PPL (single engine aeroplane only) and would like to know what is the procedure/requirements to obtain these ratings on the FAA license as well.

Is this something what can be done from Europe without travelling to the US?

Thank you for your help and Happy New Year!

5th Jan 2015, 18:36
If the aim is to have an IR ME on a faa ppl I think there is a simpler way

hungarian_aviator
5th Jan 2015, 18:46
Thanks for your reply mirovinchi and 172510,

I am looking to transfer my ME class and IR rating based on FAR 61.75 and not looking to obtain an FAA CPL. As I understand this process is mainly involves paperwork (except the written IR test) but would like to know how to start the process.

Many thanks.

zondaracer
6th Jan 2015, 13:03
61.75 is rather straight forward. Depending on the country that holds your license, you either ask for a verification letter or the FAA will get the information. Contact the local FSDO and make an appointment with your request.

When your FAA 61.75 certificate is issued, your certificate will be for private privileges only. To get commercial privileges, you will need to go through a TSA security request and have the appropriate visa (if you aren't a US citizen). Then you need to take the appropriate knowledge tests and practical tests.

nick14
10th Jan 2015, 12:52
Procedure has changed now, the FSDO no longer do this. You will have to find an examiner and he will issue a temporary cert ($50) and then the card will be posted to you.

pilotincommand
18th Jan 2015, 02:56
You can't get a 61.75 if you already hold a standalone certificate unless you held one before you got the standalone. To get the IR on your Private certificate, you would have to meet the requirements of Part 61 including the knowledge test and checkride.

ifitaintboeing
18th Jan 2015, 08:22
14 CFR 61.75 was amended back in 2009. See 14 CFR 61.75 (b)(3) for rule on existing FAA pilot certificate holders.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2012-title14-vol2/pdf/CFR-2012-title14-vol2-sec61-75.pdf

You will need to meet the requirements of Part 61, but will be able to credit your existing training towards those ratings.

ifitaint...