PDA

View Full Version : Will more leave for the U.S.?

Rather Be Skiing
5th Jan 2015, 07:24
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/05/us-usa-american-airline-contract-idUSKBN0KD0OB20150105

Will this add a few more resignations at EK? If it was an option for me, I would go back.

At the very least it has to hurt what little recruitment might have come from the states. Especially if the trend is with other carriers as well.

TransitCheck
5th Jan 2015, 07:53
Yes.....if they call for the interview and I get hired....I'M GONE

It is evident as to what EK thinks of it's employees.

Rather Be Skiing
5th Jan 2015, 08:01
Yes.....if they call for the interview and I get hired....I'M GONE It is evident as to what EK thinks of it's employees.

Good luck! Hope it works out for you.

SOPS
5th Jan 2015, 08:05
Puts our 0.5% pay rise in perspective, doesn't it?

Al Murdoch
5th Jan 2015, 09:26
BA are recruiting. Seems popular.

Rim-job
5th Jan 2015, 10:12
It's not a matter of "if"... it's a matter of "when". Guys are going... it's not really gossip or hearsay anymore.

My guess is that upwards of 75-85% of the US pilot group (250+ pilots) will go as soon as they get an interview and subsequently hired. Very few have any intentions of staying anymore. Guys are fed up and are just waiting on a call.... as simple as that. The resumes are all out... just ask around.

EK has shown repeated arrogance and erosion of our contract. The pay isn't what it use to be as Dubai has continuously gotten more expensive. Our pay increases are a slap in the face and our ability to save has diminished which was one of the main reasons guys came to the pit.

I won't even get started on the Meydan villa fiasco.. I'll leave it to others to read between the lines and see the downward spiral for themselves. Things aren't improving around here... unfortunately it seems to be getting worse. Very sad indeed.

Kapitanleutnant
5th Jan 2015, 10:17
I too have heard of a few other FO's with interviews for the BA deal. Have seen they're looking for about 250 wide body FO's. Wow… some big growth (or replacement of retirees?) in the UK?

K

777boyindubai
5th Jan 2015, 10:38
Excellent Analysis Rim. The BA contract looks good. I was just thinking that the hours requirement for EK has literally halfed since I have been here. Go figure....

CDRW
5th Jan 2015, 11:25
I think all three carriers might get a wake up call...

gl69
5th Jan 2015, 11:41
All those Emirates pilots (200) that have applied to AA are hoping they get hired and fast.
AA has some great work rules but now with a 23% pay raise to go along with their already descent wages AA looks like a great place to be.
4,213 pilots are retiring from AA in the next 10 years. Get into American now. You will be a wide body captain almost as fast as you would be at Emirates without all the stress that the Middle East gives you.

SOPS
5th Jan 2015, 12:03
There are FOs leaving to go back to Ryanair. And that is not a rumour, it's a fact.

Payscale
5th Jan 2015, 12:06
We will know in a year. 120 pilots have left during 2014. Thats about 3%. no alarm bells yet..

Wizofoz
5th Jan 2015, 12:11
There are FOs leaving to go back to Ryanair. And that is not a rumour, it's a fact.

And not a surprising one- Ryan has lifted it's game recently, and it is not a bad work/life balance.

Plenty come to the sand only planning a short stay, or get here and find it's not for them- it's not really an indictment of EK- the traffic is still very much in the other directions.

Best of luck to any US guys trying to get home- just do bear in mind every hiring boom has inevitably ended with a bust at some point.

jack schidt
5th Jan 2015, 12:25
Considering a number of trainers on various fleets have resigned lately, the worry about how to cope with the training burden might be sorted out this way :}

Laker
5th Jan 2015, 13:09
American Airlines 777 CA pay will be $290/hr with the international override. Including the 16% provident fund that's 114,000AED at 92 hours credit. Of course you won't be a 777 CA in 4 years! It finally looks like the global pressure on wages will be upwards.

ironbutt57
5th Jan 2015, 13:29
and thats 92 hours "credit" not necessarily actual block flown...for some the lifestyle is better home, so some will go...

SOPS
5th Jan 2015, 13:34
Yes, my life style is better at home, not flying, that's why I'm going.

Craggenmore
5th Jan 2015, 14:47
only BA cabin crew are recruiting at present.

Payscale
5th Jan 2015, 15:24
Like your doomsday prophesies, but until the numbers back it up, it is just that. A wet dream with an expectation of a higher salary or better lifestyle. Keep on trucking;)

Al Murdoch
5th Jan 2015, 16:15
BA pilot recruitment is closed for the time being. But they are taking on somewhere around 300 pilots next year, many are direct entry FO. A number of those are definitely coming from Emirates.

jidder
5th Jan 2015, 16:26
How miserly airlines created their own pilot shortage - The Business Journals (http://m.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/blog/seat2B/2014/02/commuter-airlines-face-pilot-shortage.html?r=full)

I hope this helps turn the tide :E

J:suspect:

boarderdw
5th Jan 2015, 16:35
I was an EK FO for 2 years. I left a few weeks ago for a job with a legacy back here in the US. What a breath of fresh air it has been; night and day difference. Literally every single American captain I flew with at EK while I was there was waiting for a call from any legacy in the US. There will be a mass exodus.

Aluminium shuffler
5th Jan 2015, 18:41
Wizofoz, sadly RYR has only upped its game for passengers. There have been recent changes that plumb new lows for pilots and cabin crew, and resignations appear to be increasing further. Anyone planning to return should check the new terms and conditions carefully before applying or resigning - the new pay scales are shocking and basing is a major issue, even if you get the base you request (lots of being sent out for short periods or full seasons, depending on base).

Desert Camel
6th Jan 2015, 06:48
People leaving EK to go back to RYR is pure fantasy. Maybe one or two, but certainly not the large numbers people seem to think. Just another rumour !

SOPS
6th Jan 2015, 14:37
DC..I will just check with my neighbours, to ensure they are not living a fantasy.:ok:

skidbuggy
6th Jan 2015, 14:43
The pay raise looks nice, but it's nothing with out decent work rules. All the article does is vilify airline pilots.

cerbus
6th Jan 2015, 17:21
The U.S. airlines do have very good work rules! Not as good as they have had in the past but leaps and bounds better than the worlds airlines and 100% better than EK because Emirates has ZERO work rules. He11, we don't even get paid for our own sim check.
One has to be crazy to join this circus!

natops
6th Jan 2015, 17:54
If only we all had the full picture when we joined....