PDA

View Full Version : choosing a flying school

lakshan
4th Jan 2015, 11:52
I have two choices to complete my flying training and ground school studies
That is ctc wings and cae oxford which school has the best airline job placement records.

OhNoCB
4th Jan 2015, 22:59
Based purely on the other thread you made about VAT, talking about PPL + hour building, it sounds like you are doing the modular route in which case I would suggest there are much better choices than either of those two schools and it might be worth your while searching/researching a few others before parting with a large sum of money.

Between the two schools you mentioned, I think CTC wings has better placement as an integrated course, and I think both have poor placement (if any, aside from students own legwork) for modular courses.

average-punter
4th Jan 2015, 23:25
I notice your location is Colombo. Do you have the right to live and work in the EU? If not then you won't be able to enroll onto the CTC course. I agree with CB, if you are going modular I would go to a school that focuses solely on that, I can imagine you could be 'second importance' at the aforementioned schools.

lakshan
5th Jan 2015, 09:39
What are the other options that i can take without these two organisations

Veren
5th Jan 2015, 11:39
There are tons of great schools out there with excellent records, and not just the 'fancy name' CTC / CAE / whatever schools where you pay a substantial premium for the privilege of wearing their uniform. Sure, they seem to be pushing their integrated students down every airline's throat, but their modular students don't share the same preferential treatment. IMHO you're better off with a smaller school with a great track record; If you're set on the UK, I have heard many favourable things about Stapleford Flight Centre's modular training, give them a look.

Frankly I think you have a lot of googling to do on your own about flying schools and their approach to modular vs integrated. Do your due diligence before spending a small fortune on overpriced training; No need to sell your soul on your way to the RHS.

janrein
5th Jan 2015, 16:48
heard many favourable things about Stapleford Flight Centre's modular training
which I can confirm, albeit from a couple of years back.

Of those I had researched On-Track also gave a good impression.