PDA

View Full Version : Herc and Apache Affil in Peugeot 208!

Lima Juliet
1st Jan 2015, 14:54
For all you "Albert" and "Ugly" fans out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zTheyLIvRc

LJ :ok:

CoffmanStarter
1st Jan 2015, 14:59
Nice Barrel Roll by the 208 :}

Vendee
1st Jan 2015, 16:10
Not an Apache though ;)

Lima Juliet
1st Jan 2015, 19:58
B^gger! It's an AH-1Z Viper, is it not? :ugh:

Sorry!

FinelyChopped
2nd Jan 2015, 12:31
And what about the F-20 footage at the beginning?

wub
2nd Jan 2015, 12:37
The ad is a rehash of one for the Peugot 205 which first aired in the 80s, hence the F-20.

Trim Stab
2nd Jan 2015, 15:26
The ad is a rehash of one for the Peugot 205 which first aired in the 80s, hence the F-20.

And a really poor re-hash too. The original was all done without CGI effects, which was made it memorable. This new rubbish looks like it was made by some 12 year old kids.

Stanwell
2nd Jan 2015, 15:29
Trim,
Agreed.

Two's in
2nd Jan 2015, 16:01
To be that sad person, it's the main part of an Apache with other very non-Apache bits CGI'd on, like the skids and the weapons pylons. If you look it still has the Apache tail wheel plus the skids! Mind you, those wires were clearly marked on the chart, so he got what he deserved anyway.

JFZ90
2nd Jan 2015, 20:37
The original ad - and of course the car - was far superior.

A good 1.9 is still a great car today. Looks better than the 208 too.

LhpOQGEAhPw

phil9560
3rd Jan 2015, 03:23
Trim it probably was made by kids.Most things are now !

I had a 205.The 1.9.

Sold it sadly.:ooh:

Vendee
3rd Jan 2015, 09:41
Quite like Eva Green at the end of the ad. That's not CGI'd. :cool:

TEEEJ
3rd Jan 2015, 19:33
Vendee,
It isn't Eva Green in the advert. I don't know her name but she briefly appears in the following.

4XWeuXH3hY8&feature=related

Vendee
3rd Jan 2015, 22:42
It isn't Eva Green in the advert. I don't know her name but she briefly appears in the following.My bad. I thought she looked like her and with Eva Green being French..... :O

While googling for a connection between Ms Green and the Peugeot ad, I discovered she features in the 2015 Campari calendar Campari Calendar 2015 - starring Eva Green | Campari.com (http://www.campari.com/int/en/calendar/2015/)
Then the disappointment that the calendar isn't on sale to the public :(

India Four Two
3rd Jan 2015, 23:57
If you lot can take your eyes off the young lady for a second, I would just like to point out that the Banff Springs Hotel in Banff National Park, Alberta is featured near the end. :)

Vendee
4th Jan 2015, 08:33
If you lot can take your eyes off the young lady for a second, I would just like to point out that the Banff Springs Hotel in Banff National Park, Alberta is featured near the end. :)Yes....... for me, that was the highlight of the whole advert ;)

Evalu8ter
4th Jan 2015, 09:06
Ah, the Pug 205 GTI 1.9 - a car with "interesting" handling characteristics (lift off oversteer anyone...?). Apocryphally, in the 80s, hedgerows on the A5 on Anglesey were dotted with 205 size holes where young Tyros discovered and exceeded their own limits....

I had a 309 GTi, more sensible with a bigger boot - and once,when I ran out of talent mid bend and lifted off, it didn't spin. Kids today, you've not lived till you've driven 205 GTi.....driver aids limited to your right foot.....

Wokkafans
4th Jan 2015, 11:33
Nice description of the handling Evaluator :ok:

I put quite a large dent in the front wing of my first by foolishly lifting off when going down a motorway slip road somewhat fast :ooh: Ended up in the fast lane facing the traffic head on having bounced of the armco and done a 540 degree spin. If I had stayed committed all would have been fine but the girlfiend was complaining it was a bit fast so lifted off :=. A "great" day nicely topped off by getting caught by her parents that evening in flagrante delicto :eek:

The second 1.9 suffered a heart attack after an accidental drowning in a ford and subsequently threw a rod and most of its inards down a country lane a couple of weeks later. Still, I got a new engine out of it from the insurers :ok: I managed to keep the third in one piece until it was stolen :sad:

Otherwise a fantastic car and on my retirement shopping list.

Evalu8ter
4th Jan 2015, 11:43
Wokafans,
Perhaps one of these chap?

Pug1Off Peugeot 205 GTI 195 review | Evo (http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/281950/pug1off_peugeot_205_gti_195_review.html)

Fab car, though my 309 got me through flying training it hit 80k and promptly fell to bits....though it did send me sideways up the A12 once on black ice!

The F-20 concept, though not aircraft, seems to be alive and well as the Gripen; bad timing with the (relatively) new F15/16 around?

cattletruck
4th Jan 2015, 12:02
Sorry Peugeot but CGI just doesn't do it for me, you shoulda just replayed the old ad.

My mate had the 205 GTi, made the mistake of updating to a later model one (206 I think), says the old 205 was way more fun than his current Mini Cooper S.

Wokkafans
4th Jan 2015, 12:12
Thanks - that 205 conversion looks very tempting but I doubt my reactions would be up to it these days. It does looks rather good in the Graphite Grey but I would probably go for a Cherry Red version myself.

I test drove a Mini Cooper S when the wife was looking for a new car - it had a very hard ride and tracked badly on road ruts so wasn't impressed at all. We eventually settled on a DS3 Sport + which is still quite nippy (same engine as the Mini) but has a slightly more compliant ride. Neither of these can hold a candle to a good 205 1.9 GTI though :ok:

Lyneham Lad
4th Jan 2015, 12:12
Apocryphally, in the 80s, hedgerows on the A5 on Anglesey were dotted with 205 size holes where young Tyros discovered and exceeded their own limits....

Ah, the A5. In the mid-Seventies I bought a house in Llangefni and being on Gnat Rects this involved regular night shifts. Trundling home in my 1600E Cortina in the early hours, things were sometimes livened up if the inst guy with a Lotus-Cortina and the sooty with a V12 E-Type (and rich parents) also finished at the same time. Even if I made it to the Mona straight ahead of them, I certainly was not by the end of the straight. I should add that to get home going down the Mona straight was not actually necessary, but was a lot more fun...

glad rag
4th Jan 2015, 16:31
The real trick with the 205 wasn't so much it's top speed but that it could carry a fair old dollop of that speed through the twisties but the adage [relatively] slow in fast out was your watchward...I admit to spinning mine twice mind....trick was before going for a hoon FILL IT UP....
In the wet, with the correct, French, Michelin 185/60-14's the amount of grip and feedback made it a supercar slayer.......they could pull away in a straight line for sure [ :O ] but the pug soon made that back up...I always thought the 1.9 was actually compromised compared to the original 1600 105 version. LHD with the german spec suspension it could carry so much speed through a set of twisties....:eek: