PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER DRONE BITES THE DUST!

BEagle
28th Dec 2014, 14:53
A new way of dealing with the wretched things:

?v=UFWUlObSgn0

:ok:

NutLoose
28th Dec 2014, 15:31
The Iranians have a different take on them

http://rt.com/news/218079-iran-test-suicide-drone/

Flap62
28th Dec 2014, 16:38
Given that it's a drone I don't really see where the 'suicide" bit comes in. Unless of course that the operator steers it to a target where it detonates, upon which the operator takes out his trusty Webley and blows his brains out.

Courtney Mil
28th Dec 2014, 18:09
So Jimjam is basically a V1. :E

Basil
28th Dec 2014, 20:31
BEagle, thanks for that. I've sent it, as a cautionary tale, to a friend in Australia, whose grandson has been given one of those Satanic machines. In one of his pics of a, probably willing, family on the balcony of their unit, there's a sideshot of a guy (possibly terminally ill) in bed on HIS balcony, no doubt thinking 'Bally Heck, so this is what Gabriel looks like!'.

CM, So Jimjam is basically a V1.
So - they've progressed beyond the pigeon pecking at the battleship!
We'll have to bribe them or bomb them! Pass this to the Foreign Office immediately :)

Ogre
29th Dec 2014, 04:05
Seeing as the roo has a joey with it, I'm not surprised the drone got short shift! And after having seen roos deal out similar punishment to other animals and mechanical devices, I would hesitate before getting within 50 metres of one without having a fence betwen us..

tartare
29th Dec 2014, 06:16
Was up in the Hunter Valley last w/end with Mrs T and the two demon spawn.
Young DS yells out - Dad, look at this.
I puts down the XXXX puts the cricket on pause and runs outside.
Up on the hill, two large male roos boxing - going at each other tooth and nail.
Bloody hell - they'd just about gut you with those claws I reckon...

Wensleydale
29th Dec 2014, 07:17
From a Wannabe fighter pilot to a Wallaby fighter pilot?

Whenurhappy
29th Dec 2014, 07:46
The Iranians have a different take on them

http://rt.com/news/218079-iran-test-suicide-drone/

Oh? A loitering munition - as used by the Army in Afghanistan? I hope the Iranians have the sense not actually deploythese doctrinally dubious pieces of kit!

Basil
29th Dec 2014, 09:23
I would hesitate before getting within 50 metres of one without having a fence betwen us..
I watched a big grey hop up to a garden fence, look at it, and just make a standing hop right over it - impressive.

tartare
29th Dec 2014, 21:12
Wensley :)
Actually want to get one of the things - with the FPV goggle thingeys.
Flown with appropriate regard for airspace and privacy of course.
About 2 months ago, watched a kid at Manly flying one following surfers on waves.
The shots would have been great - but I imagine surfers weren't too happy at having their ride interrupted.

ACW418
29th Dec 2014, 21:44
I've just got quite a posh one but no camera as I don't want to damage anything expensive hung underneath.

They are a lot more difficult to master than I expected and I can only cope as yet with it flying away from me. I never had any problems with real aircraft its just my left thumb and right thumb seem to get mixed up at times of stress.

ACW

Lima Juliet
31st Dec 2014, 00:37
Here is footage of BEagle getting angry and not wanted to be filmed at the Ladyboy's Susanah York tribute concert...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCFM19QpAyw

Happy New Year, mate! :ok: