PDA

View Full Version : NPA

jidder
22nd Dec 2014, 05:04
So here's a thought. Seems there are a lot more of us with NPA on our rosters which could easily be changed to AD/CU. Maybe they need more of us than usual as the usual SBY won't cover the New Year manning.

Could the manning levels be taking a bashing? Seems like it with my rostered hours per month :sad:

J:E

AlanPardew
22nd Dec 2014, 05:47
450 pilots required in 2015, with no guys turning up to roadshows and terms and conditions v pay pushing more to resign or take early retirement I would expect we will all push 90+ hours most months

Neptune Spear
22nd Dec 2014, 09:32
The EK captains have been doing 90 plus hours for nearly 4 years. The only new thing is that the FOs are inching over 90 hours which they are not used to.
A sign of things to come at Emirates. A gradual tightening of the conditions and sliding of the pay.

Emma Royds
22nd Dec 2014, 10:51
The only new thing is that the FOs are inching over 90 hours which they are not used to.

I am certainly used to doing 90 plus hours per month. I remember a year ago just before Christmas and at one point, my 28 day total was just inside 100 hours, with another 8 hours in the CRC. There is not much difference between between my roster and a number of the Captains I fly with. In some cases, I seem to be busier! :eek:

jidder
23rd Dec 2014, 04:46
Agreed, gone are the days of 60-75 hours a month. My roster is never below 85 hours and 91:25 isn't a surprise anymore. Been like that for more than a year.

I'm very sceptical about the rate of attrition and manning.:eek:

J :suspect: