PDA

View Full Version : Is Life in the sim all it should be???

Geoffersincornwall
1st Dec 2014, 13:52
Elsewhere on Prune there is a thread that repeats some gossip about fixed wing pilots in an airliner sim in Aus. They (allegedly) spent their allocated time in the box smoking and sleeping - shock horror!!

Surely us rotary types have no such tales to tell - :} If you have then share them here, I would love to know. No names no pack-drill of course. :E

PM me if you're shy.

G

500e
1st Dec 2014, 21:12
Gentlemen? a whole lot of grief coming down the line :=

jayteeto
1st Dec 2014, 21:54
The morning after Princess Diana died, I had been on an all nighter and was due to operate the SIM in stavanger for an IFR sortie.
The wheels went up, I fell asleep, the students flew a 90 minute sortie. As we "landed", I woke up. They couldn't understand why they had managed to get in to the destination and why all the engines were working. One of them was a senior officer who turned against me forever after that. He spent years trying to get me into bother, even lying to the station commander at station execs meetings.
I stayed sober for hours after that one...........

Snarlie
2nd Dec 2014, 10:03
Think twice, Pruners, before baring all. You will end up in his next book!

Boudreaux Bob
2nd Dec 2014, 14:09
While making use of a Bell 412 Sim late at night when we had no Students, I set myself up for a nice Cross Country IFR Trip.

After getting airborne and en-route, I dropped down out of Motion, left George driving, I made a visit to the Loo and fetched a Cup of Coffee. Upon finishing the Coffee it was back into Motion and continued on with the Flight.

That is how Helicopter Flying should be.

Bravo73
2nd Dec 2014, 18:20
After getting airborne and en-route, I dropped down out of Motion, left George driving, I made a visit to the Loo and fetched a Cup of Coffee. Upon finishing the Coffee it was back into Motion and continued on with the Flight.

That is how Helicopter Flying should be.

If that's what you were after, you should've become an airline pilot. ;)

jayteeto
2nd Dec 2014, 20:51
Or the crew that I........ errrrrrrrrrrr........ know......... who waited until the doors were shut and said "Bjorn, we have 2 bottles of your favourite scotch and 3 glasses. How's about drinking one now and you take the other home??"
Shortest Stavangar simulator in history, maybe?????

P6 Driver
4th Dec 2014, 10:50
So BB, did you reduce the sim time logged to compensate for the time you were out, or take a more "aerobatic team" and creative approach to it?

Boudreaux Bob
4th Dec 2014, 11:39
PIC Time is PIC Time....right? As I was single crew and the aircraft made the flight to the planned destination via the Flight Planned Route, it would appear I quite legitimate in logging the time as I was inside the same building wasn't I?

Now if I had stepped outside for a smoke then perhaps deducting that time would have been appropriate I should think.

There's Parker Pen Time and then there is Nescafe Time I suppose!