PDA

View Full Version : EK Housing options

DonAlejandro
1st Dec 2014, 08:39
Of course, lots of us have heard about Meydan...

But can guys please post some of the names of other residential areas? What are some of the areas where apartments for married fo's without children might go?

Trying to do a bit of research to try to give them as much info as possible about preferences.

Thanks for any information or suggestions.

Jefferson Airplane
1st Dec 2014, 10:39
Hi Don,

I just flew with a married FO without children who has been asked to move from a Downtown apartment (near Millenium, if I remember correctly), to a villa at Meydan.

It would seem that if you elect to remain in company accommodation, all roads lead to Meydan - EK apparently needs every last apartment for the hordes of redshirts joining.

PositiveRate876
1st Dec 2014, 11:49
Any housing outside of Maydan and Furjan will only be temporary. Once the leases are up on other options the residents will shifted to Maydan.

Just like the Saudi-German Hospital, which is Saudi and has nothing to do with Germany, Maydan Villas are also a misnomer.

The housing units at Maydan are far from being villas. They also do not fit the definition of townhouses. They are best described as low-level horizontal apartments.

The Outlaw
1st Dec 2014, 18:50
They are best described as low-level horizontal apartments.

Generous with your description!

But then I could never live in an ant colony either.

Just spoke to 2 who escaped the camps...they were lucky!

In first...OUT first!! (hot air balloon over the fence on a moonless night with only the clothes on their back..guards never saw them!)

ekwhistleblower
2nd Dec 2014, 06:06
The last ones now with the improved security!
http://www.solarisfilm.se/newsite/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/4.jpg

PositiveRate876
3rd Dec 2014, 08:23
Just spoke to 2 who escaped the camps...they were lucky!

In first...OUT first!! (hot air balloon over the fence on a moonless night with only the clothes on their back..guards never saw them!) Hot Air Balloon escape?

Quite a feat considering the High-Voltage Overhead Power Lines at Maydan!