PDA

View Full Version : B777 low pass...

QCM
1st Dec 2014, 06:30
The ORIGINAL censored Cathay Fly Past Vid - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=b1ijLu2HzvI)

olster
1st Dec 2014, 07:50
seriously not bright....!

casablanca
1st Dec 2014, 08:00
Only he knows for sure, but I heard the said pilot received a pretty penny when forced to step down.....if even half true it was worth it.

Evanelpus
1st Dec 2014, 08:46
......and your reason for digging up old news like this is?:rolleyes:

olster
1st Dec 2014, 14:28
currently still thriving in QR... not supportive of the 'sack' but involvement of the '49' issue within Cathay would indicate karma at work...

JammedStab
1st Dec 2014, 23:41
What happened to the F/O?

QCM
2nd Dec 2014, 05:54
Why publishing this s/o asked? Just the pleasure of the eyes...without politics..

Am NOT Sure
2nd Dec 2014, 08:22
Thank you for sharing the video

Whatever happened to the pilots are a thing of the past

Let's all focus our energy on finding out how to call Director call sign only

alwayzinit
2nd Dec 2014, 08:58
Did a low fly by at RAF Brawdy ages ago in a Nimrod while on an SCT with OC 42 Sqn as the Route Nav.

If I'm honest I made a complete F### up of it and nearly ended up doing a wheels up landing with full power on 4 x Speys.

I fire walled the engines and called for Flaps 20. The Mighty Hunter sank sickeningly onto the ground effect cushion! The RADALT reading some where around 20 ft if memory serves.

As we staggered skywards the Boss piped up from the back "That was a bit whimpy !"

If only he had known!! Anyway to quote a popular saying " I learnt about flying from THAT!"

My point I suppose is a great idea can rapidly turn into a complete balls up.
It still makes my back a little moist thinking of that day, very sobering all round.

That said the Cathay beast looked spectacular!

JammedStab
2nd Dec 2014, 14:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eMFGkF8csk

QCM
5th Dec 2014, 02:45
:ok::D:ok:

CDRW
10th Dec 2014, 03:06
As said - and the reason for digging up this story is........

Maybe I he got a right royal bollocking from India Whisky??