PDA

View Full Version : IR revalidation/renewal easa

michelda
30th Nov 2014, 01:19
Hi guys

english is not my first language so I'd like to know how you interpretate these rules.

Training for IR rating must be performed by a FI with IR privilege or IRI.
What about revalidation o renewal? I mean if I'm TRI multi pilot and I have a current SEP/MEP may I train for revalidation and renewal of an IR rating on SEP/MEP?

FCL.905 TRI (a) reports: instruct for revalidation and renewal of IRs.......

thanks in advance

ifitaintboeing
30th Nov 2014, 07:41
What about revalidation o renewal? I mean if I'm TRI multi pilot and I have a current SEP/MEP may I train for revalidation and renewal of an IR rating on SEP/MEP?

No, because [I assume] you do not hold the privilege to instruct for the IR on SEP or MEP. Your TRI will state which TYPE you can instruct on. You would need to obtain a CRI/ME and IRI to conduct training for issue or renewal of a IR-SPA-ME.

ifitaint...

michelda
30th Nov 2014, 12:27
thanks for your reply ifitaint.......

you are absolutely right for the initial training but.....
If you read the FCL. 905 TRI (a) it isn't so clear...
for sure, also, you can also teach the mcc corse in any kind of FNTP (you are not restricted only to your Type rating TRI)

If easa would like to restrict you to a single type, it was not written revalidation or renewal of IRs (plural)

ifitaintboeing
30th Nov 2014, 14:42
If easa would like to restrict you to a single type, it was not written revalidation or renewal of IRs (plural)

It is written in the privileges of your instructor certificate entered in Section XII of your licence - typically TRI A320 or something similar. In this case, unless you hold a separate FI or CRI certificate, you do not hold the privilege to instruct on SEP/MEP.

I had a similar case where a TRI was instructing a pilot for the purpose of SEP differences training - thinking that his TRI certificate entitled him to do so. They were asking for confirmation to provide to the insurance company, after the aircraft got bent, that he was appropriately licensed to conduct the training. He wasn't.

ifitaint...