PDA

View Full Version : RAF Web Site

Wander00
28th Nov 2014, 09:46
Anyone know what has happened to the RAF College/Cranwell page(s) - can find the Flying Club, but otherwise just get sent back to the RAF home page.

Courtney Mil
28th Nov 2014, 10:46
Indeed. It seems to be doing the same thing with a number of station pages too. The whole thing is a bit of a mess, to be honest.

Wander00
28th Nov 2014, 10:55
I have reported the malfunction on their "technical faults" reporting page. We will see what happens"

W

Courtney Mil
28th Nov 2014, 11:03
I have a feeling that it may be a resourcing issue, both at higher and station levels. Maintaining even a small website is a very time-consuming activity and the MoD one, with all its various sub-sites, is not small. As it's probably not considered an operational necessity, I doubt they want to pay for the people it would really take to maintain it, let alone clear the backlog of work from a long period of neglect.

Do tell if you hear a reply to your report.

Wander00
28th Nov 2014, 13:08
I am not holding my breath. resourcing it may be but IMHO no website is better than a rubbish web site!

Pontius Navigator
28th Nov 2014, 13:15
Wander, quite agree. The last time I visit a website is out of curiosity to see if is still as bad as it was.

Just had that with Talktalk, kept looping back. Contacted them, zilch. Next contact Will be with the CEO.

Email C AS

Wander00
28th Nov 2014, 13:23
Just had this response from webmanager

Dear Sir Thank you for your email. RAF Cranwell are having technical difficulties with their website at this moment in time. This is a temporary divert and the website should be up and running in the very near future. Kind regards RAF WebmanagerHow many other stations are having "technical difficulties"?

Al R
28th Nov 2014, 13:32
20 years ago, a website was a leaflet, something simple. I accept that times and functionality levels change but now, I am made to feel emotionally indebted to two self licking lollipops who seem to think I need to be under their spell as they weave (supposedly) their magic around a new online proposition I'm rolling out. Why on earth did we let life get so complicated?