PDA

View Full Version : RAF Official Annual Review 2015

CoffmanStarter
27th Nov 2014, 15:31
For those Members interested ... the 2015 edition is now available from the usual sources.

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af162/CoffmanStarter/imagejpg1_zpsc1dda33f.jpg

Features

Typhoon Force: Ready for Today and Tomorrow – Typhoon Force Commander Air Commodore Philip Beach provides an update on RAF Typhoon capability and details his vision for the aircraft’s future

Marham Matters: Tornado at the Heart of Operations – Group Captain Harv Smyth, RAF Marham Station Commander looks back on a busy year of operations over Afghanistan, Africa and Iraq, with exclusive 40th anniversary Tornado air-to-air photography

TIW: The Eyes that Guide the Talons – A rare glimpse inside the Tactical Imagery Intelligence Wing, the RAF’s premier reconnaissance imagery analysis and dissemination unit

Tanking and Transport the Voyager Way – The RAF’s world-class tanker/transport fleet is now in full operation and supporting Coalition humanitarian aid and combat missions over Iraq

Lancaster Summer – Looking back over the summer’s momentous Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum Lancaster visit to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight at RAF Coningsby

Best ...

Coff.

Bannock
27th Nov 2014, 15:52
How absorbant is it?
Twin Ply ?

CoffmanStarter
27th Nov 2014, 15:57
Ahhh ... The Izal Coefficient :}

Willard Whyte
27th Nov 2014, 15:58
Can't be many pages these days.

CoffmanStarter
12th Dec 2014, 14:54
Finally managed to secure my copy from WHS this week (found stashed next to Gardeners World this year :rolleyes:).

Actually, compared with the last couple of years, the 2015 edition is proving to be quite a good read ... yes I know it's written for a wide range of interest and knowledge ... but good effort :D

Red Line Entry
12th Dec 2014, 15:47
I did like the breakdown of RAF ranks in it. Explains nicely that a four-bladed prop is a Junior Technician but no sign of the insignia for an SAC(T). How many years has it been now since it changed?

MPN11
12th Dec 2014, 16:52
I suppose I had better buy a copy. My last one had a major feature on Lightnings.