PDA

View Full Version : At Last. An operator demanding raw data skills as entry requirement.

Centaurus
27th Nov 2014, 12:59
From the Pprune SE Asia and Far East forum:

Cargo airline in China (low hour pilots)

For an expanding cargo airline, based in Wuhan, capital of Hubei province (China), we are screening Captains and First Officers for over 60 job opportunities on Airbus 300-600F for 2015 and also 2016.

Requirements:
•Maximum age below 57
•Minimum age above 21
•Minimum flight hours of 1000h for Captains (preferable on types like 737, 757, 767, DC-10, A300)
•Minimum flight hours of 250h for First Officers
•Perfect medical conditions
•Intermediate abilities in basic IFR and RAW DATA flying

"RAW DATA SKILLS" That will put the cat among the pigeons. Judging by research papers on Automation Dependency plus increase in Loss of Control in IMC accidents in the past few years, the operator may have some difficulty in finding current generation pilots with those skills nowadays. Especially low hour pilots. :E

MCDU2
27th Nov 2014, 15:40
Judging by the negative training that many of these Asian operators use for their initial sim checks raw data skills could mean any number of things eg: flying single engine on fire with unreliable airspeed to an on ground emergency with loss of braking! Hey let's keep on pushing the fail buttons on the sim to see what the westerner will do now......

Metro man
27th Nov 2014, 17:49
Raw data flying may be more important in an older generation aircraft such as the A300.

waren9
27th Nov 2014, 19:17
especially if you are a "low hour pilot" with "intermediate abilities"

whatever that means

stick to telling the old time stories centaurus. much more fun.

tail wheel
27th Nov 2014, 19:18
"Intermediate abilities" would be a real concern? :eek:

Minimum flight hours of 1000h for Captains (preferable on types like 737, 757, 767, DC-10, A300)

I suspect that is not 1000h minimum aeronautical experience but 1000h command on the aircraft types indicated.

Captain Dart
27th Nov 2014, 20:35
I fly into China a few times a year, and I call it 'Bizarro World'. Keep away.

Ixixly
27th Nov 2014, 22:37
Could it just be the Aircraft they're operating are so darned old and broken (even by Freighter standards) that all you will have available is Raw Data? :E

Chronic Snoozer
28th Nov 2014, 02:38
It sounds to me like the recruiting people took some advice from the training department but the ad reads poorly.

Looking at the type experience requested and the mention of intermediate abilities, the A300s they're using are steam driven in relative terms.

Intermediate abilities in raw data flying probably just means that they want someone somewhere between no ability and an ace.

I agree with the gist of Centaurus' post. Recognition perhaps, from bean counters, that the quality of operator in the cockpit affects the safety and commercial success of their operation.

jas24zzk
28th Nov 2014, 10:52
Heck I almost qualify for this! Anyone wanna lend me enough to finish those quals....shouldn't cost more than 30k....

Raw Data...no worries! EFB's scare the hell outa me I'll hand fly if you want to remove the auto pilot! Freight doesn't complain about a crap ride!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: