PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile somwhere in Downtown DXB, someone is....

camel_hump
26th Nov 2014, 18:13
Pilot jailed for lewd act at Dubai hotel | GulfNews.com (http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/courts/pilot-jailed-for-lewd-act-at-dubai-hotel-1.1417707)

Metro man
27th Nov 2014, 00:41
Any Australians remember Barry Hemple ? ;)

Iver
27th Nov 2014, 02:41
Will this result in his firing from EK?

donpizmeov
27th Nov 2014, 03:03
If he hadn't attracted attention to himself by yelling "I love my Boeing!!!" "whilst" conducting said act, he may have got away with it. :)

This isn't Yank bashing....He did that all by himself. But we now know why those grubby finger prints are on the screens.

The don

Schnowzer
27th Nov 2014, 03:37
Don, now that made me laugh.

Who says it was Emirates? An American Pilot in a hotel, it could gave been Randy from .....fill in the blank!

Mr Good Cat
27th Nov 2014, 03:43
The article says luxury hotel.

That indicates expensive.

Ergo, ruling out any EK pilot. Unless they are on a management bonus structure.

The Outlaw
27th Nov 2014, 03:45
Looks like the court "conveniently" forgot about the UAE law that prohibits taking photographs of people without their consent...or does that only apply to locals?

Capn Rex Havoc
27th Nov 2014, 04:12
Iver- Will this result in his firing from EK?

A bit hard to work when you have been deported as the article says is what is going to occur.

Haven't heard from Fliion................... :eek:

Schnowzer
27th Nov 2014, 07:43
Apparently he had form:

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Glasgow, Lanarkshire and West | Bike sex man placed on probation (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7095134.stm)

A Squared
27th Nov 2014, 10:04
Apparently he had form:

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Glasgow, Lanarkshire and West | Bike sex man placed on probation (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7095134.stm)

OK, just wondering here, does anyone else find it troubling that he was arrested and placed on a sex offender list for that?

Granted, humping your bicycle seat is a bit odd. Not really my cup of tea, but it's an inanimate object, so no real offense against a person was committed.

But the troubling part is this: Whatever he was doing, freakish or not, he was doing in the privacy of his own room, as far as I can tell. And the people who witnessed him, did so by unlocking his locked door with a pass key.

OK, if you're humping your bicycle seat in public, that's one thing, but doing something in the privacy of your locked room, how does that get turned into a crime and you into a sex offender????

SOPS
27th Nov 2014, 10:44
Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Schnowzer
27th Nov 2014, 11:18
A*A my thoughts exactly but there is an even more important question, how do you hump your bicycle? :oh:

Threethirty
27th Nov 2014, 11:22
Perhaps it was the town bike.

A Squared
27th Nov 2014, 11:27
... but there is an even more important question, how do you hump your bicycle? :oh:

Only in the privacy of my own room. :E

Praise Jebus
27th Nov 2014, 12:12
Barry (rip) .... got my first Instrument rating from that chap, sometime between the hotel lobby and the school incident....

Outatowner
27th Nov 2014, 16:18
Gives new meaning to the name "Yank."

fliion
27th Nov 2014, 22:15
Left there just for you Don...not the first time one of your nationals has cleaned up my "mess".

; >

f.

Ps
"Why do Ozzie & English girls wear panties? - To keep their ankles warm!"