PDA

View Full Version : Log ten pro

The Green Goblin
25th Nov 2014, 01:40
Anyone else having problems with syncing between devices?

It seems now you need to pay a subscription fee for syncing capabilities with logten pro x, the capability has mysteriously stopped working for logten pro.

I'm not paying a monthly/yearly subscription for something that I already had the capability and licence for.

It would seem coridine are trying to charge you essentially for an 'upgrade' which should be free to logten pro x. Then a doubly wammy with a subscription fee to sync between devices.

Maybe opening themselves up to a legal challenge?

Cravenmorehead
25th Nov 2014, 02:02
Hello Green Goblin, I have Log Ten Pro on IPhone (use it as a diary) then transfer via sync to my IPad. I have not had any problem syncing. I did a year ago when they changed versions and I ended somehow with different versions on the IPhone to that of the IPad. I sent a message to the help desk and they fixed it up. It took about a million emails and a week of my life that I can't get back but I succeeded, eventually.
I also told them to shove Log Ten X where the sun is not present. It is a rort, designed to create a continual revenue stream in return for cloud storage in my opinion.
Cheers
Craven

uncopilot
25th Nov 2014, 07:13
GG I can still sync between Logten Universal on iPad & Logten Universal on iPhone and Logten Pro on Mac. Just checked again for you.

I do find it doesn't work on shared networks in hotels though. Works fine on iPhone hotspot or home wifi.

Ollie Onion
25th Nov 2014, 11:01
I recall an email from them saying that if you upgraded to IOS 8.x or to Could Drive storage from iCloud then you would lose automatic syncing between devices via the cloud. Is this possibly it?

Capt Claret
25th Nov 2014, 18:35
Coradine NOTAM from 16 Sept 14

LogTen Pro 6 is Not Compatible With the New iCloud Drive

We're all excited about the new iPhone 6, the possibilities of the Apple Watch, and next week's release of iOS 8. However, there's one important thing you need to know before upgrading.

LogTen Pro 6 will work fine in iOS 8, and on Yosemite, however iCloud Sync will not work with iCloud Drive. If you upgrade to iCloud Drive you will need to use the WiFi sync system to keep your logbooks in sync. To do this, simply go to your Preferences on the Mac (Settings on iOS) in LogTen Pro and in the Sync settings, change it to WiFi. If you're unfamiliar, check out our WiFi sync video tutorial.

iOS 8 features a new service from Apple called iCloud Drive, and right after you upgrade your device, you will be prompted to switch. iCloud Drive replaces the old iCloud system for accessing documents and data in the cloud. This is not something that's done just on your device, it's applied to your Apple ID, so everything in iCloud will now be moved to iCloud Drive, and you will only be able to access it on devices running iOS 8, and Mac's running the as yet unreleased Yosemite version of Mac OS X. Once you switch to iCloud Drive, you cannot switch back.

We're hard at work on lots of fantastic new stuff... stay tuned! ;)

Cheers,

Team Coradine

Cravenmorehead
25th Nov 2014, 20:39
Yeah that's it Mr G.lesson, as with all aviation, read the NOTAMS. Sheez.

MadMadMike
25th Nov 2014, 21:30
Years ago as a student I decided to invest in Logten Pro - Was over $200 from memory. They released a new version to be compatible with the latest OS X editions and stopped supporting the old software. My laptop eventually died and needed to upgrade however the company did not allow owners of the old version to download the new software or even a discount on the new. Awful business practice.

I think they may have since changed their policies but it left such a bitter taste in my mouth I will never consider them again.

Good software. **** company

Cravenmorehead
25th Nov 2014, 23:00
I have to agree with you there Mad Mike.
Craven

RedBullGaveMeWings
26th Nov 2014, 00:26
MCCPilotLog is the way to go with a lifetime licence.

The Green Goblin
26th Nov 2014, 00:55
Yeah I figured it had something to do with different software versions and the new cloud drive.

I managed to sync it after reverting to wifi. A pain as it used to automatically sync to my devices.

I'm not getting x. It looks cheap with the white font and all. I prefer the look of logten pro.

Cheers for the help guys.

Roj approved
28th Nov 2014, 07:30
I upgraded my iMac to Yosemite, found that the new iCloud drive wasn't compatible with Log ten, my iPad or my iPhone, so I went back to Mavericks. I still can't get syncing happen between the iMac and my iPhone or iPad, yet the iPhone and iPad sync with each other.

Sent Coradine an email about a week ago, so far no answer. Not keen to spend any more money on X, I also feel it's just a money grab. Might be time to look at another option.

davidaz68
24th Sep 2015, 10:56
I reopen an old thread just to advise who has the old version of LogTen Pro, that it will not work after updating your Iphone to IOS9. So do a back up firs or stay with IOS8 or you ll loose all your data.

josephfeatherweight
24th Sep 2015, 11:19
Further for others - I've updated my iPad to IOS 9 (and IOS 9.01) and Logten Pro iPad 6.5.1 works fine - no data lost, though I was worried there for a minute!
So, appears iPad version not affected by update to IOS9.

c100driver
24th Sep 2015, 19:16
I have iOS 9 with LogTEN and have no issues with sync between that and my MacBook. I sync via WiFi not the Cloud.

MadMadMike
25th Sep 2015, 03:58
I paid a significant amount for a LogTen pro licence over 7 years ago. Multiple hundreds of dollars before any of their new payment models. Within a year or two they 'upgraded' the software and it no longer ran on new devices and my only option was to re purchase at full price another licence. I chose not too.

The company has made some good software but they are borderline scammers on the payment model that continually changes and expects you to pay pay and pay again. I wouldn't touch them ever. They are an awful company with zero respect for customers.

Thridle Op Des
25th Sep 2015, 04:07
I have to agree, like many, I paid a small fortune to "keep up" with the "modifications", all the way from v3. When the Cloud turned up and we were told that "for the same price as a cup of latte" we could keep our data synchronised. I even provided a lot of support and suggestions, but that was the final straw, never again, neither would I recommend them. God bless Excel!

neville_nobody
25th Sep 2015, 10:53
It is always the way with any software company as you only have a license to operate their latest offering you never own anything.
I just kept a paper logbook with a excel backup for this very reason and once everything goes to the cloud we will be really screwed as you wont have any backup

blumoon
26th Sep 2015, 14:58
Yup same.... With recent upgrades of apple iOS and OSX logten pro stops syncing unless you pay for a full new version...

Emailed them but they blame Apple and dont take responsibility for their customers and 'crap' not-backwards compatible software...

I really liked using Logten Pro and its great...WHEN IT WORKS..

Moved to another provider metioned previously that has a liftime licence... And they convert your logbook for free!!(even if you havent purchased their software yet - now thats customer service)

Be warned

bad_attitude
30th Sep 2015, 06:32
Hi, so last year post the ios 8 upgrade when I did a wifi sync between my iphone and ipad I lost a bunch of in and out times.

Then they came out with a blog post stating the same.

Is the wifi sync fixed now?

I'm running ios 9.0.1 on both my devices but do not wish to risk data loss again.